LXXVII. GIRL TALK

GIRL TALK!

OCTOBER 1978

OCTOBER 1978

• • • •

"I can't believe we've never done this before." Larissa said, as she, Holland and Maxine sat around the dining table in Lux Manor, carving pumpkins.

"Well, normally you'd have the house elves do it." Holland shrugged.

"This way is more fun." Maxine told the two Lux women.

"I'm surprised the smell of these isn't making you feel queasy." Larissa said to her daughter, nodding her head at the pumpkins.

"Well, they do a little bit," Holland admitted, "But it's not as bad as when I'm around tuna."

"Yeah, that was a fun evening." Maxine grimaced, making Holland look at her apologetically.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

"I still can't believe my little girl is pregnant," Larissa said, smiling fondly at Holland, "It feels as though it was just yesterday that your father, grandparents and I were saying goodbye to you at King's Cross before your first year."

Holland smiled at her mother, taking the woman's hand in her own, "And now you're going to be a grandmother."

"Oh, now I feel really old." Larissa groaned, putting her head in her hands, making the two younger girls laugh.

"So, have you and Reg thought of any baby names?" Maxine asked, grimacing slightly as she scooped the pulp out of her pumpkin.

"We've thought of a few names so far," Holland answered, drawing a face on her pumpkin with a felt tip pen, "But we're going to wait until the baby is born to decide one."

"I know you're only a month in, but what do you feel the gender will be?" Larissa grinned.

"Honestly, I think it'll be a boy."

"And Regulus?"

"He's team boy, too."

"Well, whatever the gender, it's going to be one beautiful baby from Mr and Mrs Black." Maxine said.

"Lux," Holland corrected, "I kept my last name."

"Oh yeah." Maxine realised, making Holland and Larissa chuckle at the girl.

***

"You look stunning." Bronwyn told Lily as she stood in front of the rest of the girls in her wedding dress.

"Really?" The redhead grinned.

"Oh yeah." Mary nodded.

"James is going to be drooling when he sees you." Holland agreed.

"Five galleons say he'll cry." Marlene snickered.

"I'm not losing five galleons." Margaret shook her head, the group laughing.

"Holly, so I can tell the seamstress, how far along will you be at the wedding?" Lily asked the Irish girl.

"Eight months."

"How're you gonna dance?" Maxine exclaimed, the girls all laughing.

Holland chuckled, looking down at her barely noticeable baby bump, "I'll be standing awkwardly in the corner, bopping up and down like a giant balloon.

"Trust me, Holly," Margaret spoke up, "Giant belly or not, you'll still look fantastic."

Holland smiled at the Hufflepuff, "Thanks, Maggie."

"Holly are you bringing Regulus to the wedding?" Alice asked the Irish girl as Lily went back behind the curtain to change.

"Oh, no," Holland shook her head, "We weren't really sure if that was a good idea. We talked about it, but no."

Bronwyn smiled sadly at her, "It's probably for the best." She said, making Holland nod in agreement.

"Well, all I'm saying is you better save a dance for me." Maxine grinned at her dark-haired friend.

"Of course."

Lily stuck her head out of the curtain, "Uh, Holly?"

"Yeah?"

"I need some help." Lily admitted with a blush, making her friends laugh as the Slytherin stood up to help the bride-to-be.