˜*•.𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

"

"...𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪..."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"...let's be friends."

You gawked at the small man in front of you. "Excuse me?"

"I said, let's be friends," he smiled brightly.

"Why? Don't you guys hate me and want to kill?" You looked around the room at the supposed hitmen in front of you.

"Yes..." Mikey began, "But that was a mistake," he finished, waving his hands in front of his face.

"A...mistake? You almost killing me was a...mistake?"

"Yep!"

"Wait Mikey are you serious? Is that why you called everyone here? To tell us you made a mistake?" Baji asked, raising his voice.

"Yes and no. I did some more digging into Moebius, specifically Hanma, and turns out he's only the acting commander. Just as easily as he rose to the top, he could be removed by the same overseer that put him on top. I'm beginning to think Hanma has no real power and that he's just a puppet. So kidnapping his half-sister really means nothing in the grand scheme of things," Mikey finished, picking up a juice box and sipping from the straw.

"So we're essentially back to square one?" Chifuyu asked.

"Yeah." Mikey looked down at his feet and then back to you next to him. "So can we be friends, Kanari?"

"Kanari?"

"Don't think too much about it, Mikey gives everyone nicknames," Draken waved dismissively.

"It means pretty. So can we be friends?" Mikey asked, still staring at you, not a thought behind his eyes.

"Um sure. But I have a question," you responded hesitantly.

"Speak."

"Am I allowed to go home?"

"No."

"No?"

"Yes," he smiled.

"Huh? But you just said I—"

"Anyways," he said, clapping his hands, "you're a part of Tōman now."

"WHAT?" everyone asked simultaneously.

"How is she going to be a part of Tōman?" Draken asked.

"We don't even know if she can be trusted!" Chifuyu spoke.

"She's cute though! We could always use more girls on this team," Emma protested.

"Baji, what do you think? In the short time you've known her, do you think we can trust her?" Mikey directed the attention to Baji who had disassociated himself and was cleaning the kitchen.