˜*•.𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

"

"...𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙨𝙙𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚..."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"You have to tell Mikey. And Baji!" Chifuyu whisper-shouted.

It didn't feel right to keep this information to yourself, so after you and Chifuyu completed some training, you told him what happened in the bathroom.

"I know," you sighed, rubbing the back of your neck.

"How do you feel?" he asked, placing his hand on your back and rubbing it slightly.

"Nervous. Scared. I feel like shit for not doing anything about it. I feel stupid for even considering that they'd tell me about my mom. She's been dead for years and all of a sudden she's alive. Even if she is alive, it doesn't change the fact that she's never coming back," you sighed.

But what if she's not dead.

You couldn't help the thoughts running rampant in your head. There was a little voice nagging at you and screaming for you to find out more about your mother.

"I really think you should talk to Mikey about it," Chifuyu advised.

"Yeah," you groaned, standing up and dusting off your clothes.

"Do you want me to come with you?" he asked, looking up at you.

"I'll be alright," you smiled reassuringly.

"Okay. But come find me if you need a friend," he said, giving you a thumbs up.

"Will do," you nodded, waving as you walked away.

The walk to Mikey's office felt longer than before. Maybe because you were dreading the conversation. Or maybe because you didn't actually want to tell him. It felt wrong but deep down you wanted to know if your mother was still alive.

As you approached his door, you heard arguing coming from inside. Pressing your ear to the door you listened carefully to hear who was in there with him.

"I already told you a million times, I'm not doing it," the man shouted.

"Baji stop shouting. I heard what you said, but you're the only one who I believe can do it," Mikey sighed.

"Mikey, do you understand what you're asking me to do? If this goes wrong then I'm dead. Literally," he said.

"I get that. I do...but only you can do this mission. I really need you for this Baji."