˜*•.𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

"

"...𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙪𝙨..."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

After telling Draken about what happened, you rushed to the nearest hospital, hoping Baji would be there. To your luck, the two men from before, Sanzu and Hakkai, were already there, sitting in the waiting area.

"Here's some coffee," Sanzu said, handing you a hot paper cup. "You look like you need it."

"How long have you guys been here?" you asked, taking a sip of coffee. It was bland, but you didn't care.

"We hitched a ride on the back of the ambulance and got off right before they pulled up to the hospital. So probably 30 minutes now," Sanzu shrugged.

"How come he isn't talking? He was so talkative before," you said, pointing to Hakkai.

"That was very out of character for him." Sanzu leans in close to whisper to you. "Between you and I, he finds it extremely difficult to speak to women."

"No, I don't!" Hakkai protested.

"So go speak to her while I have a chat with the nurses," Sanzu offered. "It's not like you can speak to the nurses either, they're all women in this unit."

"You guys are so dramatic. I'll go speak to them," you sighed, rolling your eyes.

Ignoring the bickering next to you, you get up and walk toward the front desk. The nurse looks up from her computer at you and then goes back to what she was doing.

"Hello?" you asked, offended by her lack of manners.

"What?" she questioned, irritated.

"I'd like to know the status on Baji Keisuke," you firmly spoke.

"Are you family?" she asked, refusing to look up from her computer.

"Yes," you replied, not hesitating in the slightest.

"And who are you exactly...?" she continued to bombard you with questions.

"His wife."

"His wife?" she looked at you suspiciously under her glasses.

"Yes."

"You're not on his emergency contact list."

"How would you know if you never asked for my name?" you tried to make the most out of the situation, making sure to avoid pissing off the nurse further.

She continued to eye you skeptically.

"We just got married. He didn't get to finish doing the paperwork yet," you lied, hoping she would believe you.