˜*•.𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

"

"...𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪..."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"M-Mikey. I don't understand. H-how could he have killed my mother?" you ask in frustration and disbelief.

"How far apart in age are you two?"

"I-I don't remember. 6 years? 7? I don't know." you were trying to scramble your brain with memories of your childhood.

How could I not know what he did? And he raised me after my mom died because our dad left us.

"Kanari-chan, please focus on this task. We have about 36 hours to formulate a plan. There's not much else you can do. I'm not asking for your permission, but I'm giving you the courtesy of knowing what we plan to do," Mikey said. You had never seen him so serious before. He always seemed like a half-hearted, joking person.

"I understand," you nodded. "I won't get in your way."

"Great," he smiled, clasping his hands together.

"Is there anything I can do in the meantime?" you asked, trying to find something that will occupy you.

"Nope. Not that I can think of, but maybe ask Emma if she has something for you," he said, walking back to his desk to play with a fidget spinner.

"Is she in her office?" you questioned.

"She should be," he nodded.

Stepping out of Mikey's messy office, you headed down the shorter hallway towards Emma's office in the corner.

"Hey girly," you smiled, popping your head into her open door.

"Hey!" she squealed, jumping out of her chair to hug you. "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages."

"I know," you sighed.

"Come in!" she beckoned, directing you to sit on her inflatable couch.

"I always love how cozy it is in here," you smiled, grabbing one of her stuffed animals and holding it for comfort.

"Draken says it looks kind of childish," she pouted.

"Psh. I'm sure his office is boring," you said, trying to cheer her up.

"It sure is! Not one piece of decor," she crossed her arms. "Anyway, what's up?"

"Nothing really. Mikey isn't letting me tag along for the mission and Baji isn't here, so I'm not really sure what I should be doing," you sighed.

"Hmm. That reminds me, did Mikey ever give you an official position in Tōman?" she asked, walking toward her desk.

"No...?" you thought about it for a while, realizing you got fired from your old job but never secured one with Tōman.