˜*•.𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"

"...𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬...𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪?..."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

the meeting

"We can't keep waiting. Let's just start the meeting," Draken groaned.

"But we can't start without Kanari-chan!" Mikey sadly spoke.

"She's fine. She's at the mall. I think it's best if she's not at this meeting anyway. Who knows how she'd react to finding out we're going after her brother and Kisaki. It might bring up unwanted emotions and she just got all of her memory back," Draken advised Mikey.

"Fine," Mikey sulked.

"So what's up Mikey?" Takemichi asked.

"Well, when I played the audiotape back from Kanari-chan's night with Kisaki, I kept thinking about the fact that he said he 'knew' our plan from the start. And also that he knew that she was wearing a wire. But there was no indication that she slipped up during dinner or was acting off. So I was racking my brain trying to figure out how he knew so much..." Mikey started, beginning to trail off, placing a finger to his chin in deep thought.

"And what did you conclude?" Chifuyu asked, urging him to continue.

"That we have a mole."

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

the present

"Do you want to stop for dumplings or something from that shop across the street?" you asked Baji as you stepped out of the car.

"Sure. I'm kind of hungry," he rubbed his stomach.

"Aren't you always hungry?" you rolled your eyes.

"Aren't you always annoying?" he folded his arms across his chest.

The two of you exited the parking garage and began walking across the street to the dumpling shop. Baji was trailing slightly behind you.

"I wouldn't have to be annoying if you acted your age for once," you turned around to scold him. "And I hope you have money because I'm not paying for these dumplings."

"What happened to all that money I gave you?" he raised an eyebrow, walking a bit faster to walk next to you.

"Didn't you tell me to spend it?" you questioned.