˜*•.𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

"

"...𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙜𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄..."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"I'll wait," you said, exhaling deeply.

Baji promised that once you two returned to his apartment, he would fill you in on everything—from the time he "died" up until his sudden return to Tōman.

"You said I could tell you after I had finished eating! I still have one more scoop of rice left, so you'll have to wait!" he smiled brightly, his eyes closing as he does so.

"Okay, now you're just dragging this out," you frowned, crossing your arms.

"Is it a crime to want to spend time with my angry girlfriend?" he asked, pouting.

"I—N-no." hearing him talk about you as his girlfriend still made your heart skip a beat every time. "I just wish you'd get on with it."

"Fine," he said, eating the last spoonful of rice.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

"I see. Well, your reasoning is logical. Again, I just wish—"

"Yes, my love," he nodded, cupping your cheeks. "You wish I had told you. I told you I'm sorry, but I can't go back in time and fix that. Can we move past this and focus on our bigger issues? Those being your friend Sakura, Kazutora, and Moebius. Once all of that is done, we can finally try to live peaceful lives. I want to be happy with you. Don't you want the same?" he looked at you with longing eyes while stroking your cheek with his thumb.

"Kei, of course I do. It made me angry that I wasn't the first person you told, but I understand now. Some things are bigger than you and I, and I was so insistent on seeing you that I couldn't fathom why you weren't focused on me instead. I'm sorry for being a bitch." As much as it hurt you to say, you were truly sorry for the way you overreacted.

"Apology not accepted," he shook his head, a smirk appearing on his face.

"Excuse me?" you asked, taken aback by his comment.

His voice was low and raspy. "I said, apology not accepted." 

You watched as he moved his plate out of the way and inched toward you.

"What are you—"

"Shh," he said, placing his finger over your lips. "Do you know how much I missed you?"