˜*•.𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

"

"...𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙤𝙪𝙨..."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"You're fired."

"Fired?"

"Did I stutter? You don't work here anymore," your boss spoke, placing himself in his large desk chair.

"But why not? I'm a quality employee!" you protested.

"No you're not. Your performance was shitty. You never showed up on time, you were always slacking, you turned in assignments late, AND you disappeared for over a week. You're not a valuable employee. You're disposable—so now I'm finally getting rid of you." he adjusted a stack of papers on his desk, refusing to look you in the eye.

"What the hell? That's not fair. You can't at least give me a warning?" you pleaded.

"No. I've said what I said. You're dismissed," he pointed to the door.

"I—"

"I SAID YOU ARE FIRED!" he shouted, causing everyone in the office to snap their heads in your direction.

"But—"

"No buts. Get out. Your things have already been packed and are sitting in a box on top of your desk." he continued playing with the scattered papers.

Your head hung low as your boss' thoughts lingered in your head. The way he spoke shook you to your core. You didn't know how to feel. Were you sad? Your eyes began to water, but you were trying to hold it in. You wouldn't dare cry in front of him.

The air in the room felt extremely thick as he watched you slowly shuffle to the door. For the first time, his eyes followed you as you exited his office and walked to your desk to pick up your cardboard box full of things you had accumulated over time.

"I'm so sorry," Natsuko whispered, approaching your desk.

"It's whatever. I wasn't going to continue working here anyways, but getting fired hurts." you bit your lip in an attempt to hold back any tears threatening to escape.

"Well, I'm here for you if you need anything," she sympathetically rubbed your back.

"Thank you," you attempted to smile.

Your head hung even lower as you trudged across the uneven carpeted floor.

From day one, you told your boss that whoever installed the carpet messed up a spot, because there was a slight rise in one area. But he could care less about one tiny spot.

And of course, today just had to be the day that the carpet failed you.

Because you tripped.

And fell hard.