001. sister sleepover

chapter one sister sleepover

chapter one
sister sleepover

chapter one sister sleepover

"I cannot do this."

Athena Cameron sat on her bed, a huff leaving her lips as she tried to write her English essay. Her efforts were failing, however, as she had only managed to scribble her name at the top, no other ideas coming to mind about what to write on the page. She huffed once more before looking around her room, hoping for some inspiration (though her bedroom probably wouldn't help with her essay on 'to kill a mockingbird').

Athena's bedroom was large, as was every room in the Cameron household. The door was in the corner of the room, allowing her to use all of the space provided. She had an ensuite bathroom on the left wall, leading into a medium sized room that contained a bath, shower, toilet and sink. Her walls were painted a light green, and she had a blue rug in the middle of her floor.

Her wardrobe was on the same wall as her door, just slightly further down, a full length mirror between them. Opposite the wardrobe was two French doors leading onto a small balcony. Next to the doors, just slightly away from the wall was her queen sized bed, white sheets on them with a small bedside table next to it. Opposite her bed, was her vanity, with makeup and pens and her school work dumped on it messily.

On the wall her vanity sat up against, there was framed pictures littered away, most of them being of her and her family; some of her and Wheezie, some of her and Rafe, many of her and Sarah, some of her and Dorota, some of her and her dad, and even some of her and her kook friends. On the wall above her bed, she had posters of artists and bands she liked, pictures she had printed off pinterest in between them, as well as pictures of protests she had been to.

When she realised that looking around her extremely messy bedroom, clothes thrown on the floor and summer reading books stacked in the corner, she threw her book down into the abyss of mess, pulling a spare pillow from next to her, laying on her back and covering her face with it. Athena groaned into the pillow but still left it there, hoping maybe it was suffocate her or something. 

"There's supposed to be a storm tonight." A voice spoke, opening her door and slamming it behind them without a care in the world. Athena quickly recognised the person as her twin Sarah.