016. we know you

chapter sixteen we know you

chapter sixteen
we know you

The next day, the group continued up the river, taking turns steering the boat while the other chatted amongst themselves or watched the sunrise or just doing mindless things

The next day, the group continued up the river, taking turns steering the boat while the other chatted amongst themselves or watched the sunrise or just doing mindless things. That was until, JJ spotted a small speck that looked like a boat in the distance, stating that he though it was Singh and forcing the group to put the boat in the bush and hide, scared that they would be looking for them.

"JJ, you were right. That's Singh and his men." Cleo stated as the boat sped past them. "But they're not looking for us."

"Yeah, they're moving real quick." JJ observed. "They're looking for John B and Sarah. They'll know where they're headed. We gotta go. They're gonna need us."

JJ moved to the engine, turning it on once more and getting them out of the bush. They began to follow Singh up the river.

"Stay back." Cleo warned. "Don't get too close."

The group continued all the way up the river towards El Tesoro. It was hours and hours full of nothing until they got to the end.

"Okay, guys, I think this El Tesoro." Kie stated. "The trailhead to the mountain is supposed to start here."

"Oh shit. That's one of Singh's guys." JJ commented as they looked over a the set up camp riddled with people, including a few of Singh's men. "What are we gonna do? We gotta get past them somehow."

JJ, Pope and Sage conversed for a few moments before coming up with a quick plan. JJ moved them to the other side of the river, hiding in a small shack. JJ found a fishing line, handing it to Athena so she could use it to throw a note that Pope had written into the boat that Singh's guy was led in. They watched as the guy read it before the boys and Sage set off something that sounded like a gunshot.

The guy yelped, jumping up. "Miguel! They're shooting at us! Where are they?"

"Is he buying it?" JJ asked. Athena nodded at them as her, Cleo and Kie watched the guys freak out.

They watched the guy turn and face towards the river, pointing his gun to where he thought the 'gunshots' were coming from.

"Oh shit. Oh shit."