53 | YOU GONNA HIT ME

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter fifty three
YOU GONNA HIT ME
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter fifty threeYOU GONNA HIT ME┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The boys came back to the Chateau after school, filling Kie and Athena on of their discovery.

"Guys, this is from Denmark's diary." Pope began to read what was written. "August 15th, set sail from Port-au-Prince on calm seas. Came upon the Spanish ship San Jose on fire. The entire deck was aflame. And we could the screams of men trapped below. The Spanish captain cared about only one thing, his valuable bonfire, the Cross of Santo Domingo and the countless bars of gold. Once the cargo was on board, we went to help the crew, but Captain Limbrey ordered us to pull bayonets and not to let any of the Spanish crew on board. He robbed them and left them to die."

"So it didn't go done off Bermuda."

"And it was a Limbrey stealing shit again." Kie scoffed.

"This diary proves that both the gold and the Cross of Santo Domingo were on the Royal Merchant." Pope explained.

"Why didn't we find it in the well then?" JJ asked, sitting up on the sofa he was laid across. "I mean, if Denmark was able to get this, like, bedazzled cross off of the Merchant to the shore, why didn't he just hide it with the gold?"

"Because it was too big." John B realised.

"You're right." Pope nodded. "He had to hide it some place else."

"But where?" Kie asked, scanning the piece of paper with Denmark's words on it.

"Yeah I mean where do you hide a massive cross?" Athena questioned. "A church?"

"Right before he was hung, Denmark said he'd buried the treasure at the foot of the angel." Pope recited.

"I thought this was about the key." JJ wondered aloud.

"Right." Kie agreed. "So whats the connection?"

"The path to the tomb begins in the island room." Pope spoke from memory.

"But what is the island room?" Athena asked.

"You know what helps me figure shit out?" JJ stood up, asking rhetorically.

"Oh boy. Here we go." John B sighed, gesturing for JJ to continue speaking.

"Smoking beers and drinking weed." JJ nodded. "The ideas just pour out of me. If we just sit here and try to figure this out, we're gonna get nowhere. But if we get creative and go to this bonfire tonight, maybe we get somewhere."

"Well, I just got disowned by my parents, and I'm an official member of the I-have-nothing-to-lose club." Kie agreed.

"Yeah and my dad just died so I have no parental figure." Athena shrugged, turning to Kie. "Welcome to the no family club."