39 | I'M GOING TO CHARLESTON

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter thirty nine
I'M GOING TO CHARLESTON
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter thirty nineI'M GOING TO CHARLESTON┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Before school the next morning, Wheezie rushed into Athena's room, the biggest smile on her face. Athena was confused, she hadn't seen Wheezie this happy since before Sarah 'died' and what was throwing her off more was the fact that her dad and brother had gone to the Bahamas late the night before.

"Athena!" Wheezie exclaimed happily, closing the door behind her.

"Wheezie!" Athena replied in the same tone of voice, a confused smile settling on her face.

"I have something to tell you but promise me you won't freak out." Wheezie's face suddenly turned serious.

"I promise."

"No you have to pinky swear." Wheezie held up her pinky, Athena quickly locking hers with it.

"Pinky swear." Athena nodded. "No what is it?"

"Sarah's alive." Wheezie whispered giddily, looking around as if someone was lurking in the room. Athena simply smiled, glad that her sister finally knew. When Athena said nothing, Wheezie turned to her, confused. "Why aren't you saying anything?"

"You told me not to freak out."

"Yeah but that didn't mean don't react either, it's like..." Wheezie trailed off before gasping. "You knew!"

"Yeah." Athena admitted sheepishly.

"When?"

"They sent us a selfie on the first day back at school, proved it was them too." Athena explained.

"And you didn't tell me!"

"I wasn't allowed too, it could have put them in danger." Athena told her. "I've gotta get to school, we'll talk later."

Athena hugged her sister, who hugged her waist tightly muttering a quiet 'I love you' to her. The blonde smiled saying it back before the two pulled apart and made their way downstairs, Athena getting in her jeep and driving to the school.

Athena sat on one of the tables outside, she had two free periods in a row and decided she would use at least one of them to study. The Cameron girl huffed, pushing her hair out of her face as she scrunched up her nose, the maths question she was doing stumping her. Her phone ringing caught her attention, her finally lifting her head from the textbook to look who was phoning her, smiling when she read the contact name.

"Pope! I'm so glad you called." Athena spoke as she answered. "I have a free period right and I'm trying to study but I suck at maths and I need your help so badly and -"