50 | I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter fifty
I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter fiftyI'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

After Ward's death and confession, Rafe was released from jail and now the remainder of the Cameron family sat in their kitchen, Ward's laptop in front of them as they watched their father's confession tape. Athena sat in between Wheezie and Rose, her hand interlocked with her step-mom's as Athena leant on the table.

"A great man once said that if you're born poor, that's not your fault, but if you die poor, well, that's on you." Ward spoke. "I think, in the end, it was my fear of going back, of losing everything I have that made me lose sight of everything I am... everything I wanted to be."

"I killed Big John Routledge." Their father confessed. "I murdered Sheriff Peterkin. I shot Gavin Barnstead. I know there's nothing I can do to ease the pain I've caused. Many will say I took the easy way out. But I leave this world with the terrible pain of knowing that I leave behind my family, shattered by grief, broken by my sins. I don't expect you to forgive me for leaving you this way."

Athena sniffled, leaning her head on Rose's shoulder, the woman hugging her, gently rubbing a hand up and down her arm, both girls comforting each other.

"I just pray that you understand that... I cant go on ruining you lives anymore. This had to end." Ward took a breath. "To all of you, I leave my estate, uh, to be divided equally and I leave a love deeper than I could ever express. Take care of each other."

As soon as the screen went black, Wheezie jumped up from her seat, rushing off to hide her tears. Athena stared at the screen for a moment, tears slowly rolling down her cheeks. Her dad may have done some terrible things but she knew now that he would do anything to protect his family.

Athena sniffed once more before getting up and following after Wheezie. She walked up the stairs, gently knocking on Wheezie's door. When she heard a small 'come in', Athena pushed the door open to see her younger sister curled up in the middle of her bed.

"Come here." Athena told her, getting on the girl's bed and sitting at the top.

Wheezie sniffed before shuffling over, cuddling into the blonde's side, like they used to do when they were younger.

"He's gone, Athena." Wheezie stated, quietly.

"I know." Athena stroked the girl's hair soothingly.

"What are we going to do?" Wheezie asked.

"I don't know." Athena spoke truthfully. "But whatever it is, we'll do it together."

The two sisters sat in comforting silence for a few moments before Wheezie spoke up again, "You don't have to stay, you know that right?"

"What? Of course I'm staying with you." Athena scoffed.

"Thena." Wheezie sat up. "I'll be okay, go see your friends. I know they're who you want to be with right now."

"I wanna be right here, Wheezie, with you." Athena reassured.

"I know, I just wanted to hear you say it." Wheezie let out a small laugh. "But they make you happy and you could do with some happiness right now. Go."

"You sure?"

"Go!" Wheezie pushed the girl off the bed, laughing at the thud she made when she hit the ground. Athena shook her head at her sister when she stood up again, pressing a kiss to the top off her head before walking out of the room.

Athena walked back downstairs, towards the front door and past her brother when Rafe grabbed her arm to halt her movements. Athena pulled her arm away form him, pushing the boy away and standing a few feet away from him.

"Don't touch me!" The blonde exclaimed, making Rafe hold him hands up in surrender.

"Hey, hey. I'm not going to hurt you okay? I just wanna talk." Rafe told her.

"What do you want Rafe?" Athena asked.

"Look, Dad's gone, okay? And Sarah's gone too, she isn't one of us anymore so it's just us, us and Wheezie and... and we need to stick together." Rafe stuttered out. "And with Dad gone, I'm the man of the house now, I'm the one that has to make sure everything is running smoothly. I have to step up and I can't do that if you're against me."

"I'm not against you Rafe." Athena stated. "I just... over the last year, you've been trying and doing everything in your power to please dad, no matter the consequences even though we both know he would have never been satisfied unless Sarah came home and was suddenly on his side, which she never was going to be."

Athena sighed. "And I think along the way you forgot that Dad wasn't the only person that needed you. I-I mean Rafe you are the eldest sibling but you're my older brother, you're Wheezie's older brother. W-we needed an older brother."

"I'm going to be better." Rafe sniffled.

"But, Rafe, I think in order to be better, I think you need some help. I think that because of how dad acted over the years, how he sort of neglected your needs for Sarah's that I-it's traumatised you or something." Athena shrugged, exasperatedly. "And before you can do anything, take any responsibility you need to get help. Go to therapy."

"I will." Rafe nodded. "I'll be better."

"I need you to promise me." Athena took a deep breath, holding her pinky up.

"I promise." Rafe linked his pinky with hers.

"Then I will always be on your side." Athena smiled weakly. "I'm going to get going now."

Athena stepped around Rafe, opening the door and going to leave. The blonde hesitated before turning around and wrapping her arms around her brother's waist. Rafe hesitated for a few moments, freezing before he let out a sigh and relaxed into the hug.

"I love you Rafe." Athena muttered. "Even though it might not seem like it, you're still my brother. I'll always love you."

Athena then turned and walked out the door, hearing Rafe's faint whispered 'I love you too athena'. The girl smiled slightly, grabbing her bike and riding to the familiar shop where she knew the support and understanding she needed was.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦
look rafe may be a psycho but he's still athena's brother and she's not defending his actions she's simply saying that if he changes he'll have her support
pope and athena supremacy next chapter

𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦look rafe may be a psycho but he's still athena's brother and she's not defending his actions she's simply saying that if he changes he'll have her supportpope and athena supremacy next chapter