018. mrs crain's got nothing on us

chapter eighteenMRS CRAIN'S GOT NOTHING ON US

chapter eighteen
MRS CRAIN'S GOT NOTHING ON US

chapter eighteenMRS CRAIN'S GOT NOTHING ON US

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?"

After their chat, Athena had told John B to stay where he was while she went upstairs to put her jewellery back on before they could meet back up with the group. Athena had one a pair of black jeans shorts and a pink ribbed cropped top. She shoved her black converse on before her and John B left the Cameron house and made their way to the Wreck, where the others were waiting for them.

Which brings them to Kiara's question, the girl's eyes wide in disbelief as she got the drinks for the group. None of the pogues knew about John B's new living arrangements, none of them having a chance to see John B after he woke up.

"Tannyhill." John B answered simply.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Kie scoffed, putting Athena's drink in front of her. Athena smiled at the girl, lifting the glass of pink lemonade and taking a sip before letting out a sigh.

"And Athena." She mumbled from where she was standing, next to Pope.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't—" John B tried to explain.

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope interrupted him, leaning back in his chair as he tried to ease the tension with jokes.

"I don't know, Pope." John B sighed.

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" JJ questioned. He stood next to Athena, his arm draped over her shoulder.

"Does it come with a sweater vest or do you have to buy your own?" Pope asked.

"You have to buy your own." Athena stated, the group turning to look at her.

"Really." JJ wondered in slight shock.

"Yeah, but don't worry JB, I'll buy you one for Christmas." Athena told the boy, the smile on her face it away that she was making a joke.

"Look, you promised." Kie spoke. "You said you weren't with her."