014. cinderella

chapter fourteencinderella

chapter fourteen
cinderella

TW! mentions/alludes of sexual assault

Athena stared at herself in the mirror, running a hand over the dress she had picked out months ago. Tonight was midsummers, the annual evening soiree for the Kooks. Athena always loved Misummers, her and Sarah would pick out their dresses together and then dance the night away, sneaking whatever drinks they could before Rose or their dad noticed. However this year was different, she was focused on different things now and she would've tried to get out of it if she knew she wouldn't be forced to go. Plus Kiara would be there so Athena could stay with her.

Athena was wearing a dark blue slip dress, it having a slit in the left leg. It was beautiful, and expensive, and she loved it. Just as every year Sarah had helped her pick it out, deciding that blue was one of the colours Athena looked the best in. Dorota had curled her blonde hair, partially French braiding the top. Athena had then made sure to put her friendship bracelets on as well as her A necklace.

She made her way down the stairs, remembering to pick up her shoes. They were gold open toed heels with a gold ankle strap and a sparkly gold heel. She also wore a chain and a butterfly necklace around her neck that Rose had given to her for her sixteenth birthday, careful not to get all her jewellery tangled.

Athena walked into the kitchen, sitting next to Sarah. The blonde was looking at pictures she had taken with John B the day before. Athena pointed to one of the couple, smiling, John B's chin on Sarah's shoulder.

"That one's cute." She commented.

"It's my favourite." Sarah replied with a smile. "I might frame it."

"You're not dressed." Wheezie observed, cutting Athena, who was about to reply off. The young girl walked into the kitchen with her dark blue knee length dress on, flowers decorating it.

"No, I'm not going." Sarah stated.

"I mean, it's Midsummers. You've been talking about Midsummers since last year." Wheezie began to ramble. "You have a date, remember."