027. code grey

chapter twenty sevenCODE GREY

CODE GREY

The twins woke up the next day to a knock on the door

The twins woke up the next day to a knock on the door. Dorota walked into the bedroom, Wheezie hot on her trail. Athena woke up with a small groan, waving tiredly at the two as Dorota placed a tea down on the bedside table.

"Good morning, Miss Athena." Dorota greeted, noticing Sarah still sleeping.

"Hi Dorota. Hey Wheezie." Athena smiled, looking at her younger sister who was already up and dressed. "Where are you going?"

"To see Rafe." Wheezie informed her. "I wasn't invited to the Bahamas."

Ward had come to check in on the girls about an hour after they fell asleep, waking them up to tell that they'd be getting on a plane to the Bahamas the next morning. Apparently it was for business but Athena had a slight suspicion it was to get them out of the country without raising any suspicion.

"It's for business. I don't have much choice so I don't think it'll be much fun." Athena stated. "Tell Rafe to stay safe for me okay he's still our brother. Tell him to get his shit together so he can come home okay?"

"I will, don't worry." Wheezie smiled, hugging her sister as Sarah began to wake up. Athena pressed a kiss to Wheezie's head. "Have fun in the Bahamas."

"See you soon Wheeze." Athena hugged back before waving Wheezie goodbye.

Soon after the girl left the room, Athena and Sarah decided they should probably get up. Athena retreated back to her old bedroom, putting on an oversized tee shirt, that she was sure was one of Kie's old ones, and a pair of black shorts. She pulled on her black high top converse as well as putting on her matching ring with Rafe, her bracelet with Wheezie and then her friendship bracelets with Kie, Sarah and Pope.

Once the two sisters were dressed and ready, Ward had ushered them into the car. Athena sat in the back while Sarah sat in the passenger seat. Unlike any other time in the car it was silent for a most of the drive, not even the radio being on.

"Dad I don't understand why I need to go to the Bahamas. I think I-I really need to talk to John B." Sarah admitted, breaking the silence suddenly. Ward instantly shook his head.