55 | THE ISLAND ROOM

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter fifty five
THE ISLAND ROOM
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter fifty five THE ISLAND ROOM┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

After looking around the room for a few more moments, Sarah and Athena went outside to grab their bikes. Athena managed to convince Sarah to join her in going to the Chateau to tell the rest of the pogues of their discovery. The twins got there, hearing John B, Pope and JJ in the distance. Sarah hesitated when she heard John B's voice.

"Hey don't bail on me now." Athena told her.

"I'm not." Sarah shook her head, grabbing Athena's hand and walking towards the door. Sarah pulled the door open, catching everyone's attention.

"Well, hello, Princess." JJ greeted. "Cinderella."

"What's up?" Kie asked.

"Shouldn't you be on Figure Eight with your little group of polo players?" John B questioned sarcastically. "Or did you break up with Topper?"

"I being her back and he screw it up." Athena muttered making Kie laugh quietly as she sat down, placing the curly haired girl's legs on her lap. "Remind me to never even try to get involved inn their relationship."

"We're just friends." Sarah stated, walking further onto the front porch.

"You have a lot of friends, Sarah Cameron." John B told her.

"Yeah, and it seems like you've got some of your own too." Sarah retorted.

"All right, what are you doing here?" John B sat up.

"I'm here for Pope." Sarah spoke, turning to the boy, who stared at her confused, before gesturing between her and Athena. "I think we found the island room."

"Guys, listen to this." Pope gathered everyone's attention as they sat in the Twinkie. "The diary says the cross holds the most holy relic in all of Christendom, the Garment of the Saviour."

"So wait, he saying there's a holy garment inside the cross?" Kie asked.

"Yeah." Pope nodded. "It says the garment is capable of healing the sick from any malady."

"Mmm, yeah. 'If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.'" JJ recited, everyone turning to him confused. "What? I went to Sunday school."

"Sure."

"Well, that explains why Limbrey would want to cross so bad. She thinks it can heal her." Pope explained.

"What else does it say?" Athena asked, leaning on JJ.

"'May feel that we have sinned to steal such a sacred thing, and God will strike His vengeance on us.'" Pope read.

"Thing is, God did have His vengeance." Kiara stated.