christmas special

christmas special

Thirteen year old Athena bounced down the stairs of her house a large smile on her face

Thirteen year old Athena bounced down the stairs of her house a large smile on her face. It was Christmas Eve and Rose and her dad were out having a Christmas meal with people from his work and Sarah was with Topper and some of her friends having a Christmas get to together, which left Wheezie, Rafe and Athena to live out their Christmas Eve tradition.

Every year, since Wheezie was about four, the three sibling had spent Christmas Eve together, baking in matching Christmas pyjamas as they screamed the lyrics to Christmas songs. Athena had a pair of green trousers with presents, Christmas trees, Max from the Grinch and other Grinch themes things on them and a grey top with the collar and short sleeves the same colour as her trousers with the grinch on it, having his 'me?' expression.

She walked into the kitchen to find Wheezie and Rafe also in their grinch pyjamas already getting the ingredients for cookies out of the various cupboards. The familiar tune of fairy tale of New York coming from the speakers loudly. Athena smiled at the sight, happy that since Rafe was now sixteen he didn't bail on their tradition to hang out with his friends or something.

"Hey guys." She greeted her siblings.

"Hey." Rafe smiled, ruffling her hair.

"We are baking Christmas tree cookies and then making santa gingerbread men." Wheezie bounced on her heels excitedly.

"Let's get started."

The three worked in perfect harmony as they made the cookies. Rafe measured the ingredients, Athena mixed then and rolled the dough and Wheezie cut them into the correct shape before putting them in the oven. Once it was all in the oven, the three relaxed, singing along to the music as loudly as they possible could.

"They're singing Deck The Halls but it's not like Christmas at all. Cause I remember when you were here and all the fun we had last year." The three sung extremely loudly, Rafe spinning his two sisters around the kitchen as they laughed, Michael Bublé's voice being drowned out by their own.

"Pretty lights on the tree." Athena sang.
"Christmas." Rafe chose to sing the back up voices, pointing at each of the girls to sing.

"I'm watching them shine." Wheezie sang as Rafe pointed at her.

"Christmas."

"You should be here with me." Athena sang again, spinning Wheezie under her arm with a small giggle.

"Christmas."

"Baby, please come home." They all practically screamed.

The trio continued to sing until the song ended and their throats hurt from basically shouting the entire song. Athena laughed once more as they all breathed heavily. She watched Wheezie, who had a mischievous look in her eye, look towards an egg before subtly picking it up. Wheezie moved behind Rafe, who was still trying to regain his breath while also checking on the cookies in the oven, and then without hesitating for even a second she smashed the eggs on Rafe's hair. The boy froze before standing up to his full height, turning around to face his sisters. Athena and Wheezie laughed at the boy, who had egg dripping down his face. He stared at them in slight shock before quickly grabbing the flour off the side, grabbing a handful and launching it at Wheezie before she could comprehend what was happening. Athena laughed once more, it ending badly when she was the victim of his next handful.