009. fast and furious

chapter nine fast and furious

chapter nine
fast and furious

chapter nine fast and furious

"The train's starting." JJ stated as the officers drove off. The sound of the train's engine starting back up loud and clear from where they were crouched.

"We gotta help them." Athena told him.

"There goes the plan." JJ sighed, standing up. "We gotta help them."

"Come on."

The two made their back over to JJ's bike. He fumbled in his pocket for the keys, dropping something onto the floor as he did so. Athena looked down.

"Hey you dropped your—" She cut herself off as she saw Mike Carrera's money clip on the grass. Athena picked it up slowly, looking at JJ. "Why do have this?"

"If I'm gonna be accused of being a thief, might as well get something out of it." JJ spoke casually. Kie had told Athena what her parents had to say about JJ when Athena was complaining about Sage's parents. Athena was shocked to hear what Mike would say about the boy considering they claimed they'd be different this time.

The Carrera's were like a second family to Athena and with Sarah staying there currently – when she wasn't at the Chateau with John B – they were basically Athena's guardians for the time being.

"JJ I have to give this back to Kie, you're just giving them ammunition." Athena told him.

"Ammunition for what, Athena?" JJ snapped. "They're already against me. So who cares?"

"They didn't have a reason. You're giving them a reason. Kie could get banned from hanging out with us, hanging out with you. They're basically my family, JJ, they could find a way to stop me from seeing you." Athena argued.

"Who cares?" Athena stared at him in slight shock. "Know what? We don't have time for this. Get on. Get on the bike, Athena. Get on the bike, Attie, please."

Athena looked between his eyes before nodding, getting on the bike behind him as Topper's truck sped past them.

"That's Top." JJ observed. "And that's the cross."