002. child i should've had

chapter twochild i should've had

chapter two
child i should've had

Athena woke up the next day with a groan

Athena woke up the next day with a groan. Her curtains were pulled open, the sun now in the air and shining brightly through her window. Athena huffed, pulling her duvet over her head in order to stay in bed for a little longer. She quickly noticed the lack of her sisters in her bed, but didn't dwell on where they were and instead on wanting to sleep.

"Miss Athena, you need to get up." Dorota spoke.

Dorota was Athena's maid, of sorts. While she did everything a maid would do — cleaning, washing, laundry etc — she was also Athena's friend, one of her only real friends. Dorota would help Athena sneak out, whether that was to go to parties or to simply do her schoolwork not in her house, they even had a secret knock in order to recognise it was the other at the doors. Athena adored Dorota with her entire heart and to be honest she wouldn't know how she would survive without the woman.

"I'm dying." Athena groaned, sitting up.

"Have some tea, Miss Sarah is waiting for you outside." Dorota informed the blonde, placing a tray on her bedside table for her.

"Thanks Dorota." Athena slowly sat up. Dorota nodded, leaving the girl to get dressed. Athena yawned once more, leaning over and taking a few sips of her tea before slowly getting out of bed.

She opened her wardrobe, pulling out the first things that she found. It ended up being a pink bikini with jean shorts over the top. She grabbed a black Hawaii shirt from her vanity chair, pulling her high top converse on. She made her way downstairs, tea in her hand, taking small sips of it every now and again.

She walked outside, ruffling Wheezie's hair on the way past before looking at all the damage. There were tree branches on the floor and some leaves scattered around but Tannyhill had managed to stay okay... as expected. There were already people gathering and cleaning the place up, and the backup generator were on, leaving light and electricity in the house.

Athena knew the cut would be worse, seeing as their houses were already small and fragile and they were cleaning her house instead of their own. It was stupid to be honest, how they had to clean other people's houses before they could even start on their own just to earn a little bit of cash. The blonde sighed, upset as she thought about the fact that people would be wasting their summer cleaning the island.