013. we gotta get kie

chapter thirteen we gotta get kie

chapter thirteen
we gotta get kie

The pogues managed to get out of the Chateau, covered in soot and now sat in front of the Chateau on the grass the next morning

The pogues managed to get out of the Chateau, covered in soot and now sat in front of the Chateau on the grass the next morning. Athena's head rested against JJ's arm as they all watched the remnants of the Chateau burn.

"Could've been a faulty electrical wire." Pope suggested.

"Place was all wood." Kie stated. "A tinderbox."

"Thing just went up." Cleo added. "Boom."

"I guess it really was a piece of shit." Athena let out a small sigh. "Our piece of shit."

"Verdict's in, bro. Whoever's up there, does not like you." JJ told the boy. Sarah looked up, sending him a look that made JJ move the hand that was playing with the end of Athena's hair and place it on John B's shoulder. "Sorry."

JJ exhaled, throwing his empty beer bottle into the rubble. It wasn't long before they all got up and moved down the dock. Athena stood in front of Sage, the brunette plaiting Athena's hair out of boredom.

"Sarah, when did you say the pilot was getting in?" John B asked.

"Probably like an hour?" Sarah told him, although she seemed unsure. "I mean, once he's here, my dad says we can leave whenever we want."

"Okay, well, as much as I would love to ghost my parents again, I can't." Pope spoke up.

"Pop, we're talking El Dorado here. Can you just slip out the back maybe?" JJ wondered.

"Great advice." Kie commented.

"It always worked for me. How to avoid unpleasant circumstances 101. If there's a problem, you don't wanna face it, turn that face and keister around and walk the other way." JJ said, turning to face Pope.

"I'm not doing that, okay?" Pope commented, jumping off the wood where he was sat.

"I just want you to be there, dog." JJ sighed.

"I'm gonna be there. I'll meet you at the airstrip in an hour?" Pope informed him.

"Yeah, we'll see you there." John B told him.