36 | MY DAD SHOT HIM

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter thirty six
MY DAD SHOT HIM
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter thirty sixMY DAD SHOT HIM┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Nice Camera. Where'd you dig up that relic?" JJ teased Pope as he pulled out a large video camera. "Why don't you just use your phone?"

"Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics." Pope said back with a knowing look. "And second of all, this is a telephoto. It allows me to get a closer image from far away."

"Lord of the dorks." Kie snorted.

"For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass." Pope hummed as he held it in his hands.

"There he is." JJ stated as he grabbed Athena's shoulders to pull her down. "Yo, get down."

"And there's Gavin." Pope pointed out when they saw the other man walk in. "Where are you going, you son of a bitch?"

The four watched Gavin and Ward run out of view, Pope cursing.

"No, no, no, no. I'm losing him." Pope huffed. "Shit. Where's he going?"

"Hold on." JJ stated, running off. JJ whistles a few moments later. "Yo! Hey. I found something. Come here."

JJ lead them all to a ladder, the group all scrambling up it in order to see the two adults. Athena quickly got to the top, Kie behind her. Pope was close after, falling next to her and switching the camera over toward the two. 

"Ward just handed Gavin something. I think it's a duffel bag." Pope spoke up a few moments later. 

"Guys, I think it's a pay off." JJ spoke honestly. 

"He's trying to protect Rafe? My dad?" Athena asked in disbelief, "I wonder what the catch is."

"Gavin doesn't look happy about something. He's yelling at Ward." Pope shook his head as he looked closer into his camera, the rain pouring down on top of them, "They're fighting over something." 

"Hopeful Gavin can throw hands." Athena said honestly. 

"They're really going at it." JJ spoke as his eyes focused on the figures. 

"Wards kicking the shit out of Gavin." Pope concluded.

"Holy shit. Wards got a gun." Pope panicked. 

"I bet that's the murder weapon." Kie added in. 

Shots suddenly went through the construction sight as they ducked down again. Athena's eyes widened as they all gasped in shock. 

"What's going on?" Kie panicked as her voice broke. 

"Oh my god." Athena breathed out in shock. "Did my dad just shoot him? My dad shot him."

"Pope, tell me you got that." JJ begged. 

"Enough to put this asshole away for life." Pope concluded as he clutched his camera.

The looked over again as the gun fell from the top of the construction sight. 

"I think we should go right now." JJ spoke, hoping to hide his panic, "Pope, you have enough, right? Hang on, he's coming." 

"He's looking for the gun." Pope spoke as they watched Ward search the street, running after it as it dropped in the drain. Athena watched as her father hit the drain in anger, not being able to find the gun... her dad had just shot someone? She had just watched another family member kill an innocent person.

"Hold this." Kie passed the binoculars to Pope as she rose to her feet, "Murderer!" 

"What.The.Fuck." Athena spoke in disbelief, the shouting snapping her out of her shocked trance. 

"Are you crazy?" Pope asked her in disbelief. 

"I don't care if he hears me, he's a murderer." Kie glared. 

"Yeah, and he's gonna murder us, Kie." JJ rolled his eyes her way. 

"Guys, he sees us." Pope panicked.  "Shit, come on, hurry."

Athena grabbed JJ as they stood up and ran back to the ladder.  Pope crawled down after her, walking fast as he suddenly dropped his binoculars. Athena yelped as they collided with her face, making her fall to the ground. 

"Pope! Ow!" Athena yelled in disbelief. 

"Pope, what'd you do?" JJ asked suddenly before Kie stepped on his hand, "Ow, my hand!" 

JJ's foot collided with Popes face, making the both of them fall to the ground. 

"So sorry." Kie apologized quickly as she climbed down with a guilty look.

"No, no." Pope panicked as he grabbed his broken video camera. 

"You fumbled it?" JJ hollered in disbelief. 

"You kicked me in the face!" Pope defended himself. 

"You dropped binoculars on my girlfriends face." JJ said back in disbelief, "And Kie stepped on my hand." 

"Both of you, take a breath." Athena reasoned as she held a hand up to both of them, "Pope, can you fix it?"

"I don't think." Pope panicked as they took off back to the car, jumping in one by one and catching their breaths in the car.

"Can someone fill me in on what the frick just happened?" JJ spoke up in disbelief and anger, "Wait, wait. What were they fighting over?" 

"Uh.. it was-it was a gun, the one Rafe used. He must have kept it." Pope informed them as they took deep breaths all together. 

"They just left the gun on the runway? What?" Athena asked in disbelief with a deep breath. "Even I know that was a stupid thing to do."

"The murder weapon!" JJ concluded quickly. 

"Pick up, pick up." Kie panicked as she held her phone. 

"Who are you calling?" JJ asked suddenly. 

"Who do you think?" Kie cried.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦
uhh some more trauma for athena — i honestly should start a checklist !!
i'm kinda sad thought because like just now i finished writing this book so i have no more athena until season three now. because of that you'll get updates more often and once season two is completely published im thinking about changing the layout for this book but i'll tell you before i do

 because of that you'll get updates more often and once season two is completely published im thinking about changing the layout for this book but i'll tell you before i do