36

Em's POV

After dinner.. everyong of us bid bye to Kong and P'Arthit.. We decided to visit him tomorrow at home and arrange a small welcome back party. But for now.. I am glad that Kong pushed me to propose May. I looked at the hand I was holding and then at the person. 

"Thank you May.." I said. 
"Why..?" She asked looking at my face and giving me her sweet smile. 
"For accepting me and loving me.." I said. 
"I should be the one to thank you Em.. I wasn't expecting you to love me. I thought you see me only as a friend." She said. I chuckles at what she told. 
"Why are you laughing.?" She asked with a sulking voice.

"Cause.. it is the same reason I haven't proposed to you till now. I am glad that Kong pushed me today.. I can finally call you my girlfriend." I said as I pulled her closer to me. 
"We are still outside.. " She said with a low voice. 
"Wanna come somewhere with me.?" I asked.
"Where to.?" She asked. 
"It is a surprise.. not a big one.. but a special one for me." I said and started the vehicle as we sat down after she said okay.

I drove towards that place.. It was a little dark.. she held my hand tightly as she walked with me. 
"Em.. where are we going..? Don't tell me you are going to kill me here." She said as it got more dark. I could only facepalm myself.. 
"Why would I kill you when I said I love you.?" I asked her still walking forward.

"This place is so dark.. I could not help it." She replied but still following me. After few more minutes we reached the place which I wanted to show her..

"WOW.. Em.. this is really amazing.." She said as she saw around. I sat down on the grass as I saw her playing with the glow bugs.. The area would always be lit with those bugs.. They are held in a glass jar and they whole area would be surrounded by the light. The nearby lake adds it the beauty of this place. 

"It is really amazing here Em.. how did you find this place.?" She asked me as she finally came and sat down beside me.. 
"It was when I was in school.. I was playing with my friends in the nearby park.. They hit the ball this way.. I ended up here searching for the ball.. there lives an old man here.. he takes care of this area and lake.. It is normally isolated at this time." I said. 

"So.. tell me from when have you been liking me..?" She asked as she leaned onto my shoulder. 
"Maybe since the day I first saw you." I said. She immediately raised her head and saw me with disbilief eyes.. 
"The very first day I saw you.. you got me May.. At first I thought I was attracted to you.. but then again.. day by day.. I wanted to become more close to you.. that was how I ended up being your closest friend. From then.. I kept falling more for you.. I wanted to express my love for you.. but again.. I would be scared about loosing the bond we have. Everytime I gave you gifts on regular days.. was when I wanted to express my feelings.. but then again.. when I see you.. I would become a coward." I expressed sincerely. I could feel that she was smiling as she listened to me.

"What about you.?" I asked her. 
"May be not the very first day. But seeing you everyday.. made me feel special.. especially the way you treat me.. I felt unique and special to you.. Slowly I wanted to be the only special person in your life in a romantic way.. but the way you treated me like a close friend.. I always feared.. everytime you gave me gifts or showed your care.. It would make me feel butterflies.. I did think about asking you out.. but I could never get myself that courage.. The reason is the same.. I did not want to loose our bond." She said. I kissed over head. 

"And then Kong joined us." She said.
"Wait.. don't tell me you crushed on him." I said immediately.
"Shut up you dumbo.. and listen to me." She immediately smacked my head. 
"I could see him noticing things.. I could feel that he knows my feelings for you.. because.. he would always notice me staring you every now and then.. Unlike our other team members.. he is very good at observing.. And then.. he was understanding.. he never asked about it directly but he did give me subtle hints like encouraging me every now and then when I felt scared of loosing you.. But at the end.. I would always think that I would ask you out at least in the future." She said. No wonder Kong was so confident about us getting together.. he was the first one to notice both our feelings for eachother.