Chapter 51

Storm's POV

After we sent the whistle back to Jin for him to take care of, Jess showed me the suit she made before when I was going to join The Few.  “Sly wanted me to stop making it, but I finished it.  I'm not sure if it's durable enough seeing how your abilities have improved though.”  She explained.

(If you guys don't remember what the suit looks like, google how Storm's suit looked from the X-men movies and make just a few changes to her suit.  Better material, a place one her belt for the sword and dagger, obviously a hood with places for her ears, and a place in the back for her tail.  You can decide if she keeps the cape, or opts for just a cloak instead)

(You guys can PM me if you want me to add an oc or character(s) you come up with to the story or another one if the stories I have published.  I'll ask some questions to get as much info as possible)

I helped Jess work on the suit a bit.  It needed to be resized of course.  But the material needed a serious upgrade.  I could burn through the original material and wear it out with water or electricity, and it didn't stay with me when I went into my shadow fox form.  The suit would also have to change with me when I went into my actual forms as well.  Jess and I had our work cut out for us.  She told me it was hard to find the right material for Daniel's suit, let alone have any clue where to start for mine.

We started by getting the measurements redone so the suit fit properly.  I liked the original design a lot.  It was my forms that posed a problem.  If it was fireproof, my water wolf form would pose a problem when I tried using it.  I wouldn't be able to control the water as well.  But, if it was waterproof, my fire form would have an issue creating and lighting a spark for my flames.  Jess decided we might have better luck if we looked somewhere else.  “You're going to Asgard?”  I asked once I realized what Jess had decided to do.

She nodded.  “There are a few things there I think we can use to help make your suit.  Though it might take a while for me to get back.”  Jess explained.  Was that even possible?  I was pretty sure Asgard was on an entirely different planet.  But then again… Jess was Lady Thor, after all, so she had to have a way to get there.  When Castor finally pulled me away, I had to explain the only reason my arm got cut was because of the enchantment on my dagger.  But when I healed myself, Jacob got healed as well.  But he said I saved a lot of people, which confused me a lot until he explained everything to me.

The only people I tried saving directly were Ein, Jake, and myself.. I knew the rest of The Few would take care of everyone outside of the building.  But Castor told me when I made that sphere with my air fox ears and tail, the resulting wind was rough enough that everyone moved away because they thought the building was coming down.  It gave everyone the warning Sly had wanted for them to get away from the building.  But not even Katz could figure out what Ein meant when he said I summoned the dagger back to me like how Jess did with Mjolnir.  He was going to go to jail, but he'd be getting help mentally first.

It was pretty funny to watch them try to figure that out.  Until they asked me of course.  I took my dagger back from Katz, flipping it a few times over in my hand.  “Come on.  There is no way the dagger is like Mjolnir.  It took ages for that thing to be made.”  Katz argued.  I smiled a bit, walking a few yards away.  I turned the dagger over in my hand again, throwing it right above Katz's head.  The dagger tumbled blade over handle before sticking itself on the wall.  It was pretty stuck in there from the look of it.  Katz's face was priceless.  I laughed a bit.  I'd forgotten they didn't know how Sky and the others trained me and those in the Skyarmy.  “Katz… I wouldn't get her mad when she has a weapon in her hands if that's what happens.”  Daniel suggested.

Kayla laughed a bit.  Sly seemed… to be accepting of my abilities at this point.  Sly motioned back to my dagger.  “Okay, Sparky, show us what you've got.”  He said.  I half growled, my ears pointing back.  “Sparky?  Oh, I'll give you sparks if you wanna see sparks.”  I threatened, bringing my fire fox ears and tail out, along with my wings.  Castro held his hands up.  “Easy.”  He said sternly.  I half-growled again, folding my wings.  I took the magnet out of my pocket, wrapping the strap around my hand.  Sly was the first to notice but he didn't say anything, smirking silently.

I raised my hand a bit, pulling my arm back quickly.  My dagger was jerked out of the wall, heading back towards me, blade first.  I ducked the blade, holding my hand out steadily.  My dagger flew back, the handle meeting my palm easily after a moment to correct its position.  Almost everyone had a very shocked look on their face.  Except for Sly of course.  Jin, and Jess, had helped me develop the magnet so I would always be able to bring my dagger back to me.  Unless I lost the magnet, there was something stronger than the magnet, or something happened to melt the magnet.  Not even I was able to make my body temperature that high at this point.  I doubted even throwing it into a volcano would melt it.

But that was beside the point.  If my dagger wasn't close enough, about a mile or so, the temperature wouldn't even matter.  Too far a distance rendered my magnet useless.  Sly chuckled a bit, clapping slowly.  “You almost got me there, I'll admit it.”  He confessed.  I hummed slightly, doing a mock bow.  Kayla and everyone else were still very confused.  I sighed, taking my dagger from the magnet and showing them my palm.

“Jess and Jin helped me make my dagger.  Since adamantium isn't naturally magnetic, it took some messing around with some different metallic compounds to get it to work.  I have to keep this magnet on me in case I need my dagger quickly.  But since no one ever sees the magnet at first, it looks like I can summon it to me just like Jess does with Mjolnir.  It was really funny to see your guy's expressions though.”  I explained.  I took off the strap around my hand along with the magnet so they could see what I meant clearly.

Katz and Castor understood easily.  I had to use… Simpler terms for Daniel and Kayla to understand… More so Daniel than Kayla.  Sly asked to check out the chemical structure of my magnet compared to his own technology.  He said it with a bunch of terms that I did not understand.  But I let him take the magnet, not my dagger.  No way I was going around without a weapon in case anything went wrong.  I'd never seen the Skymedia people in this dimension before, so maybe they didn't know I could get here.  Jess found me shortly before she had to leave.

“So, Jin told me about these capsules.”  She started, pulling out the teleportation capsules I had given her.  They were still active.  I smiled lightly.  “Yeah.  I guess it was just an idea we both wanted to try out.  I got the idea after an electrical storm hit the base.  It rendered Jin's machines useless and Ross and I were stuck miles away without a way to get back quick enough.”  I started to explain.  Jess nodded, laughing a bit.  “He told me that.  But how did you teleport here without them?  Jin told me he deactivated them so you DIDN'T try to come here.”  She asked.

Welp, might as well tell her.  Maybe Jess knew something that could help me figure that out.  “Well… I can teleport my own... At first, I had zero control over it whatsoever.  But I practiced without the guys knowing and got the hang of it… to some degree… But it only really works… if I know exactly where I want to go or have a clear image of who I want to teleport to.  I was lucky I got into the right city and not to some other world entirely.”  I tried explaining.  Jess hummed slightly, nodding a bit again.  “I haven't heard of that before.  But I'll try to find something about it while I'm in Asgard.”  She told me.

“Thanks, Jess.”  I replied.  After we finished up a few things for my suit, I went back to the room with the pillars and flames.  My pillar was still lit.  The indent on the pillar though… Did match my necklace charm… like they were two pieces of the same puzzle.  I brought the charm up to the indent, holding it a bit away.  What if I…