Chapter 27

Storm's POV

I found the same cave again.  I still had my hood and the headphones Jess had given me.  I had my normal wolf ears and tail out.  I could still change my forms at any time, but it seemed I had found yet another two forms.  The first one appeared when a lightning storm trapped me in the cave.  A tree had fell in front of it, the tree had been massive.

I had been able to control lightning and fried the tree enough that I could get out of the cave

I had been able to control lightning and fried the tree enough that I could get out of the cave.  It was kind of fun.  I found I could control lightning and make it strike whatever, and whenever, I wanted.  I could also float up into the clouds to hide.  I looked like a fox-wolf hybrid in this form.  The second one I just turned into randomly.

I had been able to blend in with the sky when I flew up

I had been able to blend in with the sky when I flew up.  I called it 'Galaxy' since there was light and dark purple in my fur.  This form didn't seem to have any other ability, which was easier for me.  I could make the wings disappear as well.  Now I had two more forms to keep track of! 

This was just great!  Now how was I supposed to find my way back to Jess?  I couldn't even find my way out of this stupid forest!  The wolf that had been following me around whined softly.  I had been pacing long enough that there was a line on the ground.  I sighed and closed my eyes, stopping.  Tears pricked my eyes again.  I let myselfchange into my black wolf pup form. 

The she-wolf walked over and laid down next to me.  I closed my eyes when I couldn't prevent the tears from rolling down my cheeks.  It had been nighttime, but now it was morning.  I must have fallem asleep.  I stood up and stretched.  I wasn't in the cave anymore.  I checked the area for any scents.  There were none.  I changed into my half-human form with my black ears and tail.

I walked around somemore.  I could hear something moving.  A growl built up in my throat.  It slipped out softly.  Whatever was there stopped at the sound.  I sniffed the air, there was no scent in the area.  But I could hear whatever was there moving again.  I growled again, something in a cloaked form ran out.

  I yelped at the sudden apperance.  The cloaked person stopped, a ball of flames shooting out from under their cloak.  I changed my ears and tail to my fire ones and blocked the flaming projectile.  The person muttered something obscene.  Vines wrapped themselves around my legs.  My hood was up, whoever this was would not be able to see my ears and tail. 

I bent down, like I was hurt, and changed my ears and tail to my nature fox ones.  I closed my eyes, felt the vines shrivel up and left my legs free of their grasp.  As I stood up, a second person came out.  They also had a cloak on.  I let a warning growl slip out.  Both people froze.

I heard a soft mumble but could not exactly make out what the words.  One person reached up.  I prepared for an attack.  Instead, the person took their hood off.  It was a guy with black, greying-white, hair.  His eyes were a deep blue.  I could see fire wolf ears on his head.  The ears disappeared.  The other person took their head off as well. 

This was a woman.  She had black hair and light blue eyes.  Her bangs were white.  A pair of nature fox ears disappeared.  "We don't want to hurt you."  The woman said slowly.  I growled again.  "I wouldn't call what happened, not wanting to cause harm."  I hissed.  The man was staring at me.  "How did you come to be here?"  He asked me. 

His voice was calm but stern.  I took a breath.  "I really don't know.  I woke up here a few days ago.  I made friends with a lone she-wolf and woke up here."  I said, keeping my voice emotionless.

I had to be careful.  I didn't know who these people were.  But they felt oddly familar.  "We would feel more at ease, that you are not planning to attack us anymore, if you removed your hood as well."  The man said.  I bared my teeth before sighing.  It was two against one, I didn't really have a choice on this one.  I reached up and let my hood fall down. 

My long black and white hair fell to my waist again.  I changed my nature themed ears and tail to my black ones as the hood fell back.  "You're a wolf hybrid?"  The woman gasped.  I nodded once.  The woman walked towards me slowly.  The man grabbed her hand.  I made sure my necklace was hidden under my shirt.  "Trust me, Logan."  The woman said. 

The man, Logan, nodded and let her hand go.  The woman stood in front of me.  "My name is Katara.  My husband, Logan, and I have lived in these woods for almost twelve years."  The woman, Katara, said.  I froze.  That's as long as I've been alive.  I thought.  The woman saw my freeze.  She didn't seem to understand it.  I watched them carefully. 

The man glared back.  "Please, if you need shelter, we can help you."  Katara said.  Her eyes were clear, no hidden attempts.

I nodded slowly.  Both of them turned around amd walked away.  I followed them to a small campsite.  I saw a couple different hybrids.  There was a cat hybrid watching us.  I saw them bare their teeth at me.  I looked away.  I saw a couple different colored wolf hybrids.  There was even a squirrel hybrid.  It was a girl, but she still reminded me of Ross. 

I missed Everest, Naomi and Jess.  If I could see them again, I would be happy.  Someone with a white coat came over.  They didn't have ears and a tail out, they might be hiding them, or w human.  "You two have returned.  Who is this?  I've never seen her before."  The guy asked.  He smiled at me.  Katara tried to answer but she never asked for my name. 

"I'm Storm.  I woke up in this forest and haven't been able to find a way out.  I'm hoping to see my friends again soon."  I said cheerfully.  Logan made a soft sound.

"Jared, I want to talk to you for just a moment."  He said.  They went and spoke for a couple minutes.  Katara introduced me to some of the other wolf/fox hybrids.  There was Sam, a shadow fox.  Kaite, and fire wolf.  Seth, and normal tan wolf.  Leah, who was Seth,s sister, and also a normal wolf.  Brady and Collin were twin ice wolfs, though Brady looked more like a fox.  Paul was a sky wolf, or a normal wolf with wings, in other words. 

Next it was Peter, the cat hybrid that had hissed at me before.  Instead of saying anything, Peter kicked out, causing me to lose my balance.  I got up and growled at him.  Peter laughed.  "Pups got fire, that's for sure."  He hissed.  I growled back "Please." sarcastically.  Peter hissed again and tackled me.  I quickly turned into my black wolf pup and slipped out of his grip.

Peter turned into a green cat and tried to get me to run.  I held my ground and growled at him.  My vision tinted slightly red again.  Peter took a breath in and took a step back.  My necklace was in sight now.  The yellow charm was glowing brightly. 

I was lifted into the air.  I landed as my new lightning wolf.  I could feel my fur pickling with electricity and energy.  My vision was still red, but a slightly dimmer shade.  I felt someone try to pick me up, only for my insticts to kick in.  The person got zapped with about ten watts of power before dropping me.

  My vision had turned back to normal now.  Katara had tried to pick me up.  Her hand was now slightly burnt.  I took a breath and turned into my ice wolf form.  I made an ice block before turning into my nature fox.  I used a vine to lift the ice block and handed it to Katara.  Who looked like she was about to cry.