Chapter 9

I took a deep breath. I held the charm and pictured the nauture wolf form instead of the fire fox form. "Your a multi hybrid?" Her voice was surprised now. I tilted my head. "A what?" That's the name for what I am? A multi hybrid?  They nodded.

"Didn't you know? But your charm, it looks familiar. I'm pretty sure I've seen it on a banner before." There it was again. Some mysterious banner that showed my charm. "What banner? What are you talking about?" Instead of answering my questions they took a step back and their ears went down. I turned around to see one of the men in black suits.

Everest has called them the Sky media people. I helped and turned to run. They grabbed me before I got to far. The mans hand yanked off my necklace.  I felt almost all of my energy drain out of my and come back in the two seconds it took for the man to drop me.  I landed on my back.  Stumbling back the man ran away, with my necklace in hand.  I started to run after him but I tripped.  The fennikin came out slowly.  

"Why did they want your necklace?"  She said.  I could barely make out the words.  They seemed far away.  I tried to picture my shadow form but I couldn't.  When I looked at myself, I was still the nature wolf.  "I need my necklace so I can change forms.  Without it, I'm stuck like this."  My voice was weak.

 Something wasn't right.  "What do you mean you need that necklace to change forms?  Just picture your half human form and you'll change to that."  Her voice sounded amused.  Like I was an idiot.  I closed my eyes and tried to catch my breath.  I did as she said.  I could feel my form changing.  The two forms seemed to be at war with each other.  

I opened my eye still in the nature wolf form.  The fennikin was watching me with wide eyes.  "What was that?"  Was all she said.  "I told you-I need my necklace to-change forms."  I couldn't slow my breathing down very well.  I heard foot steps.  I backed up into the bushes and waited to see the man coming back to get me.  

Instead someone else came.  It was Aaron, Ashley's brother.  He still had the red jacket with a howling wolf on it and his black jean shorts.  I took a step out.  Aaron saw me a bent down slightly.  He seemed to recognize the way my eyes looked but frowned when he didn't see my necklace.  My yelp didn't seem to help.  He started to turn away when I remembered something.  It was a game Ashley and I used to play.  

One of us would hide and leave clues written in the ground to help the other one to find them.  I ran in front of Aaron.  He stopped.  I started to claw something into the dirt.  Aaron.  I wrote.  Aaron looked at his name and then to me.  I need your help.  I wrote next.  He seemed confused.  Can you change forms?  It would be easier to explain.  He looked to me and then nodded.  

With the jacket, you'd think Aaron had a wolf form.  He didn't, instead his form was a dobermen with little white wings.  I had to suppress a laugh.  The wings disappeared and Aaron growled.  "If your just going to laugh at me then I'm changing back."  His tone told me he wasn't joking.  "Wait, how's Ashley?"  I said.  Aaron froze mid turn.

 "How do you know my sister's name?"  He looked at me like he was studying for a test or something.  "Aaron, it's me.  Storm."  My voice didn't shake.  Aaron shook his head.  "No, you're not.  Storm has a black wolf pup form with a white diamond on her forehead.  You are not Storm."  Now it was my turn to growl.  "Aaron bloody Blackheart, I'm am Storm."  Aaron yelped at his last name.  He knew that only a few people knew what his last name was.  His eye bore into mine.  "How do you know my last name?"  His voice quavered.  

I took a deep breath to prevent myself from growling.  It didn't work very well.  "It's me Aaron.  It's Storm."  He seemed to believe me now.  "Why didn't you just change forms?"  He asked.  "Because, one of those men in black suits came, he took my necklace.  I need it to change my forms."  My voice shook.  

Aaron growled.  I wasn't sure how he ended up in this forest.  But I was glad that he was here.  There was another sound of someone coming closer.  I retreated into the bushes while Aaron shifted into a small dragon and growled.  He jumped up at whoever was there and they yelled in surprise.  

I whined, I knew who it was now.  "Aaron stop, it's Everest."  I called after him.  I saw Everest on the ground with a very anger red-orange dragon on top of her.  I grabbed Aaron's tail and pulled him off her.  "What, hey.  Let my tail go Storm."  His voice was shocking.  "No, she's not an enemy.  Aaron this is Everest.  She's my friend."  I said even though I had a mouth full of scales.  

Everest stood up and dusted off her clothes.  She saw me and half smiled and half frowned.  I let go of Aaron's tail.  Everest walked to me.  She picked me up and pulled me into a hug.  I headed movement as the fennikin came out slowly.  I knew they would want an explanation.  Somehow I doubted they would believe anything I said.  "Why did you run like that Storm?"  Everest said as she set me on the ground again.

 She put her hand to her mouth as she realized that my necklace was gone.  "Where is your necklace?"  She said.  I looked down.  I wasn't sure how to explain to Everest what had really happened.  I took a deep breath and started to explain what had happened.