Chapter 7

The noise from the fighting had stopped.  Everest, Shelby and Ross came over.  Seeing Red and Naomi, Everest ran and embraced her daughter.  Naomi was still holding me as Everest embraced her.  I yelped at a pain in my leg.  Everest pulled back.  Naomi handed me to Everest.  The blue diamond stopped glowing.  "Storm's the one who put out the fire."  Naomi's voice was pleading.  I wanted to say that Naomi gave me the idea but I couldn't.  

Everest held me in front of her.  "Thank you Storm.  You have no idea how greatly I owe you."  She cradled me again.  My eyes wanted to close.  I kept them open.  I wanted to know what was happening out front.  "Mom, what happened?  Who were you fighting?"  Naomi said as if she read my mind.  Everest and everyone else started to walk inside the ruined house.  

"The men you saw, they were from the Skymedia.  They said that they had proof that we were hiding something and demanded to be let in.  When we didn't they attacked.  Ross had followed someone he said was running away. When he returned, however, he said he had lost the guy."  Everest had placed me on the only remaining cushion.  It had come from the couch.  

Naomi and I shared a look.  She smiled.  "He wasn't with them."  Her voice was full of hope.  Every pair of eyes was looking at her.  "What do you mean Naomi?"  Ross seemed surprised that she had spoken.  "His name's Logan."  I laid down, trying to go to sleep.  I closed my eyes.  I managed to tune out everyone's words.  

My dream that night was a repeat of the fire.  But instead of me succeeding, I fell into the fire.  My dream self opened her eyes, under a fallen support beam.  The house was completely burnt down.  Everest was hugging Naomi.  They were crying.  My dream self walked over to them.  "Hey, what's wrong?"  They didn't respond.  It was like no words were spoken.  A realization spread.  I had died.  A shadow passed over Everest and Naomi.  

They screamed.  I opened my eyes and looked around.  Naomi was on the floor next to me.  The cover over her was just slightly burnt.  I looked back to the cushion I had been sleeping on, it was soaking wet.  I must still be in the water form.  I closed my eyes and tapped my charm, picturing my normal wolf pup.  I opened my eyes and walked to Naomi.  She rolled in her sleep.

 I ducked and slide myself under her arm.  Naomi smiled in her sleep.  I laid down and closed my eyes again.  The dream this time wasn't bad, as the first was, it felt real.  Naomi and I were in the pasture.  I was in my nature fox form.  We were playing a game.  I would grow a flower somewhere in the field and Naomi would have to find it.

 There were no roses in the field.  I sent the rose vine toward the middle of the feild.  A few minutes passed.  I felt a tug on the vine, Naomi's signal that she had found the rose.  I pulled it back under the ground.  I thought about where I should send the flower next.  "Naomi, Storm.  Come on, it's time to eat."  Shelby called out.  I went back into my half human form.  Naomi saw me and came running.  The dream faded out.  

As I opened my eyes, I felt that Naomi wasn't under the cover anymore.  I stood up and got out from under the cover.  Shaking my fur out slightly, I looked around the room.  I could smell something in the air.  Someone picked me up.  It was, it was... Ashley?  I looked again, it was Ashley.

 I could see that her hand was bandaged.  The scent of roses engulfed me in a soft mist.  Ashley pulled me closer to her.  Under her shirt, I felt the bandages around her side.  I hoped she wasn't in as much pain as my leg was now.  My leg felt like it was on fire!  I turned in Ashley's arm and looked at the ground.

 Ashley put me down.  I turned and faced her, being careful to stay off my leg.  Everest and Naomi came forward.  Naomi picked me up and followed Everest outside.  I felt my ears going down.  I whined softly as the flame feeling in my leg got worse.  

Naomi placed me on a slightly burnt cushion.  They shifted into their hybrid forms.  "Storm what's wrong?"  Everest sounded worried.  "What can we do to help?"  Naomi's voice was pleading.  "I- my leg.  It feels like it's on fire."  My voice was a whisper.  I heard one of them shift back.  I looked up slightly to see Everest reaching down to pick me up.  "Naomi, I need you to tell the others that I took Storm to see Hyria."  Naomi nodded.  Everest walked into the pasture and faced a tree.  

A purple oval slowly appeared and grew.  Everest held me to her chest and walked slowly towards it.  I closed my eyes and felt a shiver go through my body.  I looked around and saw that we weren't in the pasture anymore.  We were just outside some woods.  "What was that?"  I asked my voice was shaky.  Everest put her hand on my head.  "I created a portal, so I can take you to someone who I think may be able to help.  She's a witch but she's nice.  Hyria helped me and my friends when we got in trouble.  Her spells really work."  Everest looked into the trees, something came out slightly.

 It looked like a fairy.  Everest nodded towards the fairy and followed it.  We ended up near a house.  It was small but nice still.  A woman came out and waked slowly towards Everest and me.  "What brings you here Everest?  It's been a while."  The lady's voice was old and slow.  

Everest smiled.  "It's good to see you too Hyria.  I have a problem.  This is my friend Storm.  She's a hybrid.  Lately she's been having form spasms, she said her leg feel like its on fire.  I was hoping that you might be able to help her."  Everest looked down at me and frowned.  I lifted my head up slowly.