Chapter 28

Just a song I really like
THIS IS NOT OF MY MAKING! CREDIT GOES TO THE MAKER OF THIS VIDEO!

Storm's POV

I was sitting in a tree.   Some of the other hybrids were making fun of me.  "Why are you hiding, freak?"  One called up, it was Peter.  The cat hybrid had it out for me ever since I got here.  Logan, Jared and Katara were the only ones who were actualy kind to me.  It wasn't my fault I was like this.  I held my necklace gently. 

Logan and Katara had gone somewhere with Jared.  I had found out Jared was a fire dragon hybrid.  Hearing that made me think of Red.  Even though he didn't completely trust me, Red was better than dealing with this anyday!  I had to get away from here.  I changed into my shadow fox form and jumped down.  "Hey!  Where did she go?"  One of the other wolf hybrids asked.  I growled softly, making him jump back. 

I made a shadow fall over him.  I found I could change a shadows depth in this form and use that to put something in people's minds when I wanted to.

I growled again.  Leave me alone: before I do something I'll regret later!  I growled in their head.  The hybrid whinced at my mental voice and fell to the ground.  The others saw him fall and rushed over.  The hybrid turned into their grey wolf and ran right into me.  We both fell back.  I lost focus and became visible again. 

Everyone saw me and took a step back.  I'd shown them my nature, normal' ice, and air forms already.  A shadow fox was considered dangerous to have, evil in fact.  "I knew she was a monster!"  Peter hissed.  I turned and ran to hide the tears that came down.  I turned into my galaxy form and flew up into the clouds.  I sat on a cloud and the cloud instantly turned dark.  It started raining from that one cloud, showing where I was.  I turned into my lightning wolf/fox and made the cloud stop raining.

If I could find my way back to Jess or Everest.  I wanted to get away from HERE!  I heard a flapping sound and made the cloud I wad on move with the others.  Sometimes when I was on a cloud, it would stop moving.  "Hey, are you okay?"  A voice asked. 

I looked up.  A guy was standing there with white ears and tail and black wings.  The wings had white tipped feathers.  The guy turned into a cloud/sky wolf with the same wings.  "I'm Nighfury."  He said.  I turned my head, not in the mood.

"I know your name is Storm.  My parents told me to check on you."  Nighfury said calmly.  I felt him sit next to me.  I took a breath.  "The other hybrids were making fun of me.  I stopped one of them and flew up here."  I said eventually.  Nightfury growled.  His eyes werd the same as mine.  This form had yellow eyes though.

Nighfury changed into his half-human form and picked me up.  I yelped at the contact and changed into my air wolf.  I jumped out of his arms and floated in the air.  "Come down.  Please."  Nighfury asked, his ears were down.  I sighed and landed back on the cloud, in my galaxy form again. 

Nightfury picked me up again and flew down.  He didn't let me go until Logan and Katara appeared.  Nightfury set me down.  I walked slightly away, only to be stopped by Jared.  "Storm, could you change forms please?"  He asked kindly.  I nodded and changed into my normal black wolf pup, before changong into my half-human form with black ears and tail.  I felt a hand on my shoulder.

  It was Nightfury.  His eyes were worried.  I noted his hair was like mine as well.  His hair started white and ended as black at the tips.  The same colors but in a different order.  His eyes met mine.  Nightfury looked like he was fifteen.  Nighfury bent down and did something I wouldn't have ever expected him to do.

He hugged me.

I waited for him to let go.  Katata and Logan were about to cry.  I tilted my head slightly.  "What's going on?"  I asked.  Katara bent down in front of me.  Her eyes searched mine, looking for something, but not finding anything from how her face fell. 

"You really don't remember us do you?"  She asked me.  I looked around at the others.  "Should I?"  I asked, tilting my head again.  Katara put her hands to her mouth.  I heard a muffled sob.  Logan rubbed her back.  Nightfury watched me carefully.  "She doesn't..."  He said softly. 

Peter walked over.  He looked at Katara and then to me.  "What did you do?!"  He hissed at me.  I growled.  "I didn't do ANYTHING!"  I growled back.  I turned into my water wolf and shot a blast of water at Peter.  Being a cat hybrid, Peter couldn't swim.  "Storm!"  Nigutfury called out.  I turned to see someone in green armor.  He sort of reminded my of Jess.

I recalled what Jess had told me once.  Her uncle, Loki, would do anything to get her to join him.  He would even threaten her friends and family.  I growled at Loki.  He laughed.  "So you're the one of niece likes so much." He said.  I turned into my ice form and shot ice at Loki. 

He disappeared and appeared in front of me.  I growled.  I turned into my human form with fire ears and tail.  The only difference was that now I had wings made completely of flames.  I heard a yelp and saw Peter on fire.  I put the flames out and turned back to Loki.  He was smirking. 

I growled again.  "What do you want Loki?!"  I yelled/growled at him.  Loki laughed.  "I want you to join me."  He sneered.  I growled and half crouched down.  "I'll never join you!  I know how you treat people and you will never make me join you."  I said.  Loki snapped and Peter was infront of us.  Peter looked like he was being suffocated. 

I growled and turned into my fire fox, the wings stayed.  Loki, shocked at my quick change, hesitated, just long enough for me to jump.  I tackled Peter to the groind and made sure he was behind me.  Peter didn't say a word, but I could tell he was shocked.

Loki stared gathering energy in his hand.  I bent down and prepared for either impact or to jump away.  I let my eyes close as Loki threw the plasma ball.  Instead of impact, something hit the ground.  I opened my eyes to see Peter on the ground.  Loki had disappeared. 

I turned into my half human form with my nature ears and tail.  I placed my hands on Peter's chest gently.  Peter winced, he definitely had broken ribs, maybe even worse.  I thought about Everest and Naomi.  About how they both did so much to help me, me who just came into their lives randomly one day.  I flet my hands glow green and forced it to become stronger.  Peter's heart stopped beating.