Chapter 35

Storm's POV

Once Hyria realized I'd teleported here again, she invited me inside. "I don't know why this keeps happening. This hasn't happened in so long, but I don't think it's normal." I half explained. Hyria nodded. "Perhaps you have more power than you realize. You may be showing up places you want to be." She suggested. I nodded. Hyria had crossed my mind when I was leaving the room. "Try to picture somewhere you want to be. You might go there." Hyria told me. I nodded. I pictured Ross and where he might be.

Of course, he and the guys would be looking for me. The thought of one specific guy came up, right before the ground under me shifted. I half yelped and put my ears and tail away quickly. "Hey- Storm?" A confused voice asked. I looked around. I was back in the city, where The Few were. One person was standing in front of me. It was Jacob Black. The guy I had helped escape after he had been kidnapped after a performance.

"Hey?" I half asked. Jacob helped me stand up. "How did you get here?" He asked. Something about Jacob's voice confused me. He sounded worried, but I couldn't quite place the other tone he had. "I'm trying to figure that out myself." I answered. Jacob looked around. "Let me take you back. I'm sure your friend is worried." He said, taking my hand quickly and pulling me behind him.

I followed Jacob, but I could feel my cheeks heating up. What was going on? I saw a familiar tower after a few minutes of walking. There weren't very many people outside. I realized something just then: Hyria was in a different dimension than Jacob was. I hoped this was just a one-time thing.

If I was just teleporting wherever I thought of, that was going to make it even harder to not worry everyone. I shook my head as Jacob pulled me through the door. We went inside, immediately getting stared at by familiar a few people. Kayla. Daniel, Katz, Sly and Jess were all there. Sly was the first one to notice, so he stopped talking to look at Jacob and I. Of course, everyone turned to look at what Sly was looking at.

"Storm!" Jess shouted. Her voice hurt my ears, even if I had those headphones she gave me on still. Jacob let my hand go before anyone could notice as Jess came over. "She just... kind of... appeared out of thin air... while I was walking over here." He explained. Jess looked at my clothes, adjusting the headphones again.

"What happened, the guys said you just vanished?" She asked. I shrugged. " I really don't know. I was leaving the room, then I was in a forest where Everest had taken me before." I half explained. I saw Castor come over. Castor made sure I hadn't torn the bandages, but I was thinking about when I was at my parent's camp. "Jess, I need to tell you something." I said as soon as Castor had left. Jess took me to an empty room.

She typed something into a keypad and a hidden door opened. We went inside. "This room is soundproof, nobody can hear us. What's wrong?" Jess asked. I half took a breath. "When I was at my parent's camp, someone showed up. He killed a cat hybrid, I couldn't save him." I started. "Loki." Jess hissed. I nodded. "He said he wanted me to join him. I said he would have to kill me first." I continued. My ears and tail came out, my ears were down.

"What else happened? Did anyone else get hurt?" Jess asked. I shook my head. "While I was trying to attack Loki, something happened with my ears and tail." I said, changing to be using my fire ears and tail. I took a step back and took a breath.

I closed my eyes and focused on the wings coming out. I heard Jess gasp, knowing they had. I opened my eyes again. "They just showed up while I was in my fire-fox form. When I changed to this form after that, the wings stayed with. Loki looked worried about something and then disappeared." I finished. Jess nodded and opened the door again.

"I'm sure he won't bother you anymore Storm." She said, leading me back to where everyone was waiting. Of course, Sky and Max were here already. Someone must have called them while Jess and I were talking.

Sky came over. He seemed worried, but relieved at the same time. "What happened?" Sky asked. I shrugged. "I don't really know. One second I was leaving the room after seeing Castor, the next I'm back in a forest Everest had brought me to once." I explained. I noticed Sky had something in his hand. It was a black hair clip, the clip I had given Skylar before I was under Ein's control.

She must have given it back to him while I was out. Sky handed me the clip again. I held it in my hand. This meant one thing. "We're leaving today?" I asked. Sky nodded. "We can't make sure you're safe when we can't see you Storm." He explained. I looked at Jess. This was the right thing to do, right?

Sky, Max and I went through a portal as soon as night fell. Jin and Ross were waiting on the other side. It was day time now. Time must pass in different amounts in different dimensions. I was told to wait a few feet away so Sky, Jin and Max could talk. Ross came over and sat next to me.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded softly, taking a breath. "Yeah. I've just never been this far from home before. And home was where anywhere I could find a place to sleep and stay." I explained. Ross nodded. He turned into his squirrel form. Ross's scarf shrunk with him.

"Come on, let's go somewhere." He chirped in the hybrid language. I looked at Sky, Jin and Max. They weren't looking. I changed into my normal wolf pup form. "Okay, let's do it." I yipped softly. Ross bolted away, I took off after him.