Chapter 5

I used my other hand to grasp my necklace.  I looked at the charm, the green diamond was glowing.  I touched it with my thumb.  The light grew brighter and I felt the shimmer as my form changed, again.  I looked at my paws, they were black with light green patterns.

I didn't know why I had changed forms again, I was starting to get frustrated

I didn't know why I had changed forms again, I was starting to get frustrated.  This made no sense.  From what I had found what was that a hybrid only had one or two forms.  Their half human forms and their animal forms, including their normal human forms.  I had just found a forth, or third, animal form.  I didn't know why this was happening to me.  

Noise from the bushes drawed my attention again.  Naomi walked out.  She scanned the field.  She didn't seem to see me.  She turned around and started to leave.  I got up and ran after her.  Getting in front of Naomi, I got her to stop.  I spun around in front of her.  Naomi bent down and put her hand on my head.  I stopped spinning and looked up at her.  I tried to look like I needed help.  She moved so that now, Naomi was sitting.  I took a step forward and put my paw on her leg.  Her eyes watched me and then zeroed in on my necklace.

 The green diamond was glowing slightly still.  She looked into my eyes.  A flash of recognition flashed in them.  She stood up and ran into the house.  I sat down and waited.  My tail went to my side.  Naomi came out with Everest and all the others.  Naomi said something and pointed at me.  She walked over to me and whispered something.  " Show them Storm."  I nodded.  I wasn't completely sure what Naomi wanted me to do.  I walked up to Everest and looked up to her.  She looked confused.  

I closed my eyes and tried to go into my wolf pup form.  I felt my charm glow.  When I opened my eyes, everyone had stepped back.  I looked down at my necklace and saw that the charm was freaking out.  The diamonds were glowing and turning off.  Red, blue, green, black, red, yellow, black.  There was no pattern.  I took a step back.  I felt it as a shimmer came, this time it rippled threw me in waves.  I shifted from the fire fox to a wolf with blue streaks, to the nature fox, then the silhouetted animal.  I felt it as my wolf pup form came and left.  

Naomi was behind me.  I couldn't stop my forms from going crazy.  I felt it as my wings switched colors and disappeared.  It was slowing down.  I looked back to see that Everest had taken a step forward.  She looked like she wanted to help.  Something was wrong, everything was moving too slow.  My forms switch from water to nature  to lightening to my half human form and then to fire.  There was a pattern now.

 I looked around and saw a shadow.  I took a step towards it.  I waited for my half human form to come and then forced my forms to stop.  I ran towards it and when I was close enough to the shadow, I let my form switch to the fire fox.  The shadow disintegrated.  I felt almost all my strength leave me.  Time started up again.  I collapsed on the ground in an iced fox form.  

I couldn't move

I couldn't move.  I felt someone picking me up and shivering.  I felt ice cold but I wasn't cold.  I couldn't get my eyes to open.  I could hear talking.  "I don't know Red.  I wanted to help.  She ran at a shadow.  I don't know why.  She was having spasms.  I didn't think she had so many forms."  There was the sound of something breaking.

 "Just because you're mad doesn't mean you have to break things."  The second time, the voice was calm.  I couldn't tell where I was now.  I couldn't feel anything, but I could hear perfectly.  "Well, maybe we should take another look at  those banners.  I think it listed some of the forms she had."  The voice was whispered.  

I didn't recognize it.  I tried to tune everything out.  I succeeded, until, I caught a familiar scent.  The smell of roses was close.  The sound came back.  "Sorry to interrupt you, but have you seen someone? Er... she was a black wolf pup with a white diamond on her forehead.  We had left her by our campsite when me and my brother went to check out a scream.  When we came back she was gone and there were three men in black suits there.  I saw blood.  I don't know where my friend is."  It was Ashley.

 I knew her voice anywhere.  A whispered voice replied.  "Come on in.  I do think I know about who your talking about.  But she might not be able to talk for herself... it's a little complicated."  It was Everest.  The scent of roses came closer.  "Who's this?"  I could sense that Ashley was next to me.  "Oh, umm, try not to wake her.  We're trying to help her out." 

Dialogue below.  Ash is Ashley and Eve is Everest.

Ash: What happened to her?

Eve: She was outside when she started to have form spasms.  It took a lot out of her.

Ash: Oh, I'm sorry.  It wasn't any of my business to ask.

Eve: It wasn't your fault.  An ice artic fox form is rare to have.

Ash: I know it is.  I was just wondering...

Eve: Wondering what?

Ash: Oh, never mind it was just a thought.

End of dialogue.

I felt someone stroke me softly, hesitantly.  There was a shiver.  I tried to move, but to no avail.  There was the sound of a window breaking and a gasp...