Chapter 6

Recap: I tried to move, but to no avail. There was the sound of a window breaking and a gasp...

My eyes flashed open.  I lifted my head and saw the chaos around me.  Ashley and Naomi were on the floor.  The window was broken and smoke was pouring in.  I jumped down from the table I was on.  I couldn't see Everest or any of the others anywhere.  I looked down at the charm on my necklace.  The yellow diamond was glowing.  I touched it with my paw.

 I felt the shimmer as I shifted forms again.  I was hovering slightly in the air.  My coat seemed to be white with slashes of light and dark of blue.  I looked at the floor and felt my paws touch it again.  I walked over to Naomi and nudged her.  She got up slightly and looked around until she saw me.  Her eyes found my charm and she looked around the house.  Her form shimmered.  In her place was a cyan and red colored wolf.  "What's going on Storm?  Where are my parents?"  As if to answer her question Shelby burst through the other window.  She had artic fox ears and tail.

 She was bleeding.  Getting up and looking around Shelby saw us.  She nodded towards Naomi and then went back out the door.  I heard growling.  "Naomi, I need you help to me get her out of here."  I motioned towards Ashley, who was still not moving.  I could see that her shirt was covered in blood.  Naomi nodded.  

I closed my eyes and pictured my half human form.  When I opened my eyes, I could feel my ears and tail.  Naomi was in her half human form as well.  We tried to pick Ashley up but she was too heavy.  "This isn't working, we'll have to drag her."  Naomi's voice was strained.  I nodded.  Grabbing Ashley's hand, I pulled with Naomi and we got Ashley into the small pasture I had found.  There was the sound of more grass breaking.  In the trees, I saw a squirrel, it's eyes were green.

 I cupped my hands over my mouth and yelled "Logan!"  My throat was sore.  The squirrel turned its head and ran towards us.  It's shape grew larger.  A tall boy with dirty brown hair, wearing a brown shirt and green shorts stood in front of us.  "Who are you and how do you know who I am?"  His eyes slide past Naomi and me.  

They went to Ashley.  He bent down to her.  Ashley was too heavy for Naomi and I, but Logan had no problem picking her up.  He looked at me one more time.  I was sure he saw my necklace because he nodded.  Naomi watched him leave.  "Who was that?"  Her voice was confused.  "That was Logan.  He'll take Ashley to her brother, Aaron.  They'll take care of her."  Naomi nodded.  

We turned just in time to be thrown back by an explosion.  There was a scream of both of our names.  It sounded like Everest.  Naomi got up and closed her eyes.  Her cyan and red colored wolf was back.   I held my charm and pictured the artic ice fox form.  When I opened my eyes, the ground was frozen under my paws.  I looked to Naomi and nodded.  I hoped this worked, if not the whole forest might catch on fire.  I walked to the house and took a deep breath.  I exhaled experimentally.

 My breath came out as a puff of steam.  I took a deeper breath and blew out.  Some of the flames froze, the ice melted, and turned into water.  I looked back over my shoulder, Naomi was watching from the bushes.  I kept freezing the flames, even through they thawed the ice out, the water put it out.  I kept going until I caught a glimpse of what lay on the other side of the house.  There was a fight.  

Everest and a few others were fighting men is black suits.  I let out a small whine as I saw the same man who threw the knife.  Naomi yelped encouragement.  I took another deep breath and continued to put the fire out.  Before long I was panting hard.  The fire flared up again.  I couldn't stop it like this.  I saw a red dragon.  It back was to me but I had a feeling as to who it was.  I closed my eyes and pictured the water wolf form.  I took a deep breath and blew out.  

A short stream of water flew over and hit the dragon.  It turned around.  The dragon flew over and landed.  It's eyes were orange.  It was Red.  It growled.  I sent another stream of water, this time towards the fire.  Naomi came out of the bushes and barked.  The dragon looked to her and back to me.  I tried to not listen to what they were saying.  This water wolf form was working better than the ice form.  The fire wasn't flaring up in as many places as before.  I felt eyes on me but I ignored them.  I felt my charm glowing.  The blue diamond was glowing brightly.

 I tapped it with my paw.  I was lifted in the air.  I could feel water rising from somewhere.  I closed my eyes for a second.  As I opened my eyes, I looked towards the house.  Taking a deep breath, I blew out a stream of water.  I turned my head at a rushing sound, to see as much water that would fill a small lake coming.  It swept over and through the house.  The fire was nearly completely out.  

I looked towards the pasture and the water rained down softly over the flowers.  My heart was hammering, my breathing was rough.  I didn't know what had happened as I slowly floated to the ground.  As my paws touched the ground Naomi, in her half human form, ran over to me.  

She picked me up and captured me in a tight hug.  I squirmed in her arms.  Naomi loosened her grip but didn't let me go.  A hand appeared on her shoulder.  It was Red, he had changed into his human form.