Chapter 33

Storm's POV

I could see through my own eyes for a few moments. My vision was tinted red. Of course! When a hero got really mad, their eyes turned red. The hybrid whistle didn't account for that! I didn't say anything out loud. I felt myself stumble back. The whistle blew again, breaking my control. This fight was draining both my physical and mental energy.

But I had to keep on fighting! I changed into my nature form and grew a vine wall. I focused on trying to regain control. It would count as me winning. I felt control come back just as something burned my arm. I managed to whisper out "please" before I was cut off. I changed into my half human form with my water ears and tail. I cooled off the burn before changing my ears and tail to flaming ones. I could feel my wings again. I knew Ein was sending me back to his base.

My clone came up from behind me and used something to cut my arm. I jumped away and growled, despite the pain. "How did you regain control?" Ein growled from somewhere. I forced a smirk. "Like I'm telling you!" I yelled back. Ein obviously didn't like that. I was already hurt from the fight. Who knew how long was passing? I was kicked from behind.

I took deep breaths before forcing myself to get up. My clone laughed, Ein was controlling it: I could tell. That kick must have been in 'my' water form. I focused on the flames around me growing hotter. If I could evaporate the water vapor in the air, the water wolf form would be rendered completely useless. I closed my eyes and felt my flames heat up. Everest had warned me about doing this. She had called it a Supernova.

Apparently I could burn a hole in the ozone layer, exposing the earth to damaging ultraviolet rays from the sun. I focused on controlling the nova and directed it at my clone. She dropped to the ground a few moments before I did.

I could barely move anything: knew I was using to much energy. I was bleeding and probably had a few broken bones. A fight flashed through my eyes. Sky, Jin, Ross and Max were here? When did they come? Skylar must have used the pin! I knew I could count on her! I could feel all the pain my physical body was in. My vision tinted bright red and I stumbled back.

My physical body took on my mental fire fox form. I forced myself to change into my normal wolf pup. I saw Sky freeze. He was severely burned. I did that didn't I? I fought against the whistle and took a step back. Sky noticed the action. "Storm?" He asked. I swallowed as the whistle blew again. My vision turned half red and half green. I fought against the whistle's control.

I turned my head. I saw someone that made me run towards them. I ran towards Jess and stood between her and Seraphine. Seraphine didn't have time to hesitate and her knife went right through my side.

I whined as my vision turned red completely. I heard mulitple people gasp. In hopes of making the, lopsided, deal void, I took the knife out and dropped it next to me. I started to fall back, but I felt arms catch me. I saw Jess's worried face. My vision turned back to its normal colors.

The whistle blew again. The sound cut off. I heard a 'snap' and assumed the whistle was now broken. I looked at the faces around me. Sky, Ross, Jin, Max, Skylar, Jess, my mother, my father, Nightfury and Jared. They all looked exhausted, and injured How long had they been fighting? Nightfury bent down, I felt the headphones being placed on my wolf ears again. I closed my eyes and changed my ears and tail for my nature ones.

I focused on everyone's breathing and opted to heal anything I could. I felt my ears and tail go away on their own. My galaxy wolf pup form took over on it's own. I turned into the small pup, that being the last thing I remembered.

Time skip

Storm's POV

I opened my eyes slowly. Something was off, I could feel it. I sat up slowly. I was in a room that was completely white. Not even one window. I was still in my galaxy pup form. I changed into my lightning wolf/fox form and floated down. I could have flown down but I could still sense that something was wrong here. I could make out a hazy door. My vision must still not be back to normal yet.

My energy must not be fully restored. I closed my eyes and fired lightning at the door. The door burst open. I looked out the doorway and down both hallways. I walked out slowly, incase there was a trap around here.

I couldn't hear anything, or anyone coming. I sighed and went back into the white room. I jumped up onto the bed and changed into my galaxy form again. Making sure I would be able to hear if someone came: I laid down carefully. I must have broken my leg at one point while I was under the whistles control. I closed my eyes slowly. Voices woke me up.

"We have to check first." One said. I stood up, having a hard time doing so. "And if she got out?" Another voice asked, clearly worried: yet... mad? My ears flopped down, I could barley stand. Two people came in. I recognized Jess right away. The other person, I recognized Sky a few seconds later. They looked at me, worried. "Storm... calm down." Jess said. I hadn't realized my vision had turned red again. I took a deep breath and laid back down. Jess came over and sat next to me. I felt her figures gently run from my head and down my back.

It felt nice. I let my eyes close halfway. I wasn't really tired, but I didn't know what else to do in this situation. I heard someone let a breath out slowly. When I opened my eyes, my vision was back to normal. Sky was still standing a couple feet away. He looked worried, but slightly confused at the same time.

"Why did her eyes turn red?" He asked, looking at Jess and then me. "That happens everytime a hero or heroin gets mad or is relying on their strength alone to do something." Jess explained. Sky looked shocked. I had an idea what he might have been thinking. I knew Sky wanted me to be safe at where ever the Skyarmy base was, but I wanted to be here: with Jess. I could help her and the other heros more than I could help Sky and the others. I just hoped he understood.

Maybe Sky would be able to find a compromise where I could help both groups.  I could tell I wouldn't be able to change forms for a while: at least not until my energy was completely restored.  Jess sighed.  She knew I didn't like being in an animal form when people were talking about me.

  "Sky, let's talk about this another time."  She said.  I silently thanked her.  Sky nodded and left the room quietly.  Jess stroked her fingers through my fur gently.  "I know you don't like people talking about you when you can't talk for youself."  She said.  I nodded slowly.