The Two Dreams

"Some people might tell you the best way to move on is to forget, But deep down, everyone knows you can't really completely forget something or someone that's meant a lot to you."-Unknown

Izami spent the next few weeks gathering everything she'd need for the upcoming exams. This year, it was being held in the Leaf Village. She was proctoring the third part of the Exam, which would be individual fights against other already made Chunins. That part she was somewhat excited for. If it was anything like when she had participated...It was going to be promising for sure. Especially considering just who the candidates were that year. She was excited over it for sure.

The Sato woman was more active than usual. She left her apartment more than she normally did on any given day since the War ended. She helped where she could with building the new parts of the village, and even spent time in her childhood favorite cafe as she wrote some more of her story. She even made time for some of her old friends that she had been rather neglecting for awhile. In all, she was feeling rather happy for the first time in ages.

It was two weeks before the Exam. Izami was actually allowing herself to relax, and take a walk around the village. She had originally been walking with Kiba for a short while before he went off to deliver some messages around the Village. After about an hour, she was getting bored. So, she headed over to the training grounds to train, which is another thing she hadn't done in ages, and she wanted to be as strong as she could possibly get in order to pass through the ANBU Exams. So, she was heading over to a training field, not expecting to see a certain dark haired Uchiha already there.

It had taken her off gaurd, seeing Sasuke there, training. It froze her in her tracks, but she couldn't put a finger on why it had such an affect on her. Sasuke was a shinobi. This would be expected. Him training. Maybe it was only because she hadn't thought of him at all in two weeks that it took her by surprise to see him. She scrutinized every movement he made. The way his wrists flickered slightly when he threw the shiruken. The seemingly graceful way he flicked it back to his hands...

After a few moments of watching him, Izami shook her head, and strode forward with a smirk on her lips. A bit of competitiveness rose inside her as she strode forward.

"Couldn't find anybody to fight or what?" She questioned without inclination in her voice as she sat her bag down, though she still smirked. She then looked at him. He looked back at her with an eyebrow raised.

"You mean you're actually talking to me now?" His voice was slightly teasing, and slightly annoyed. It put Izami off, but she tried not to let it show. Izami shrugged, and dug through her pack, and pulled out some of her own Kunai. She glanced at him with a slight smirk still on her face.

"No. I just want to prove to you that I can kick your 's all." Sasuke smirked right back at her, and snorted slightly. He shook his head slightly, eyes bouncing from her bag, to the few kunai in her hands, and then at the targets. He then looked back at her with a confident smirk.

"Well, c'mon then...Show me." Izami shook her head, a teasing smile on her lips.

"Nuh-uh. First rule of battle is never be the first one to strike."

"I'm just givin' you a fair shot."

"No, you're just being a scardey-cat." He quirked an eyebrow at her. He had to resist the urge to laugh out loud.

"Scardey-cat? Really? What are you? Five?" He had to control his voice to prevent the bubbling laughter in his chest from exploding out of his mouth. Izami still frowned, as if knowing how much he wanted to laugh at her childish words.

"If I'm five years old, you're a real loser if you lose to me." However offened she may have looked, her tone didn't lose it's confidence, and it's teasing tone.