Wabisuke finds out the news

Chapter Forty-Eight:

"So, we'll plan your first check-up say in a couple of weeks. Things should be more certain then." Sakura had told her a couple of days later when Izami met her at the hospital. After all, pretenses had to be kept. Izami nodded, smiling.

"I still can't believe I'm going to be a mother. Who woulda thunk it?" Sakura laughed, and shook her head.

"I'm sure none of us would have thought of it." Izami laughed, and bumped Sakura lightly." I'll just blame pregnancy hormones for you suddenly liking me." Sakura joked. Izami laughed, and shook her head." Oh, and for being so damn happy."

"Right. I'll just blame the hormones too." Izami paused for a moment, and then suddenly perked up." Hey! You know what sounds so damn good right now?"

"Hmm, what?"

"Sakiyaki. I always hated the stuff, but right now it sounds so good." Sakura smile widened, and shook her head.

"Sakiyaki, huh?" Izami rolled her eyes at Sakura's teasing tone." Even though you hate it? Please, tell me this doesn't extend to guys that will be around you frequently."

"Um, why?"

"Because it will be really weird to see Sasuke-san eating anything remotely sweet." Izami laughed, shaking her head.

"Hey! Izami-chan! Sakura-san!" Izami turned, her face breaking out into a wide grin when she saw Wabisuke. Someone she hadn't seen in nearly two months.

"Hey, you stranger! What are you doing?" Wabisuke hugged Izami tightly, and then gave a handshake to Sakura.

"You look wonderful, Izami!" Izami laughed, and gave another hug to Wabisuke. It took him off guard, but he quickly hugged back. Izami stepped back after a moment.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"On a mission. I just got back. I saw you two walking, and wanted to know if I should get my underground bunker ready." Izami put her hands on her hips, and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh yeah? Why?"

"Because of what's coming."

"Which is?"

"The apocalypse. I have to get ready." Izami shook her head, and punched his arm lightly.

"Jerk." Wabisuke rubbed the back of his head lightly.

"Yeah. Kinda comes with knowing me. How the hell have you been?"

"Great. What about you?"

"Not too bad. "

"Well, that's great."

"Yeah...How things between you and Uchiha-san?" Izami paused, and looked at her feet. Sakura looked at Izami, and started to reach to touch her when Izami looked up with a smile.

"I'd say they're going pretty good." Wabisuke nodded slightly.

"That's good. Hey, umm, sorry about the mission...To Silk...I acted like a real jack hole, and well...just thought...I'd apologize..."

"Oh...It's...No problem...I..Hey, can we talk?" Izami glanced at Sakura." Hey, do you mind if me and him talk?"

"Oh...Umm, sure! I'll...Just check back with me at the hospital." Izami nodded, and then looked back at Wabisuke. Wabisuke looked at her with an eyebrow raised as they began walking in a random direction.

"Sooo, what's up?" Wabisuke bumped Izami slightly.

"I...Look me and you...You're like my older brother. From a different Momma, and well... I just need...To know that you're not like going to beat up Sasuke after I tell you this." Wabisuke looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"OOK. What did Uchiha-san do to you this time?" Izami shook her head slightly.

"It wasn't anything bad. I swear."

"Then, what's going on?" Izami sighed, and looked down at her feet.

"Look, I...I haven't told anyone. Not even Sasuke, so you can't say anything. Not a word, ok?" Wabisuke looked at her, nodding slightly.

"Ok..." Izami looked around, and then gestured for Wabisuke to get closer to her. Which he did. Izami then looked around again and then stood on her tipy-toes.

"I'm pregnant, and Sasuke is the father." She whispered softly, and then went back on her feet. Wabisuke paused for a moment, and then looked at her with wide eyes.

"You...You're joking. You can't be serious."

"I'm as serious as stroke."

"How..How far along?"

"My guess? A month." Wabisuke had an expression that Izami could only describe as regret, and sorrow for a moment. But only a moment. In the next moment, his face broke out into a huge grin.

"Well, congrats! Have you told him?" Izami huffed, and rolled her eyes as she began walking again. Wabisuke had no choice but to follow her.

"No, you idiot. I told you. You're the first person besides Sakura-san that knows."

"You told her before you told me?"

"No. More like she found out through a pee sample I provided when I went in for what I thought was a flu. We're keeping things on the down low for as long as possible. So, we're pretendin' like I'm learning Medical Ninjutsu." Wabisuke nodded slightly.

"Well..Glad to know you still trust me." Izami giggled slightly, and bumped his shoulder.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I trust you?"

"...No reason. Listen, I have to go report to the Hokage about the mission. So..."

"Oh..Right." Izami laughed slightly."I'll see you later?" Wabisuke nodded, biting his lip, and not meeting her gaze.

"Right..." Izami sighed as she watched him walk away. Something just wasn't right with him. Even she could tell. Putting her hand on her flat stomach, Izami walked back to her apartment for some rest...