Midnight Confessions

Chapter Sixty-Two:

A/n: This will be a one week skip. This chappie will jump a bit because...Simply, I don't want to spend a ton of time on the journey because nothing big really happens. The next few chappies might jump a bit because...Izami has had a never ending pregnancy(it feels that way to me ^^;) So, I want to speed things up, and then their little bundle of joy will be here :D Anyways, enjoy the chappie~! Happy Readings!

"They should be here any moment now." Kakashi yawned slightly, looking around with his one visible eye. Sasuke didn't even seem to be paying attention, which bothered Kakashi only slightly, but he was used to his former student's silence." I don't know about you, but it is nice that she'll be back. Kabuto or not, it's nice having her around. Funny, I know she isn't, but she feels kinda like my own child." Kakashi glanced over at Sasuke, who was smirking slightly.

"It is going to be nice." Kakashi nodded slightly, and then looked away. Any other conversation died that moment.

They only had to wait in awkward silence for ten more minutes before Izami, and her brothers showed up. They also showed up with an unfamiliar, dark skinned, woman, who was sticking very close to Izami. Kakashi stood up straighter, and smiled slightly as they stopped just a few feet from each other.

"Thank you. For returning her." Kakashi bowed slightly. Hikaru returned the gesture with a slight smirk.

"Well, it's all thanks to.." Hikaru's blue eyes briefly traveled to the Uchiha, whose eyes remained fixated on Izami as Cree took off Izami's travel pack, and handed it to her. Hikaru then looked back at Kakashi after a second as if there was no pause." It's all thanks to your guy's concern over the safety of my little sister. So, I should thank you for protecting her." There was a slight sarcasm in Hikaru's voice that Kakashi chose to ignore.

"Right. Well..." Kakashi's voice trailed off momentarily. He cleared his throat, and then spoke again." Are you three accompanying us, or are you going back home?"

"As much as we'd like to come with you guys, we really have to head back. Hikaru is Head of our family. So he really shouldn't be gone long, and I have a newborn to attend to." Tachi's light colored eyes traveled over to his sister, who smiled slightly at him. Kakashi nodded.

"Right, well, I guess this is where we part." Hikaru nodded, casting a glance at his sister.

"You take care."

"We'll see you some other time." Izami nodded, watching as Cree, Hikaru, and Tachi turned, and began walking away.

There was a slight pause between the three. Nobody said anything, or really did anything expect stare awkwardly at the ground, or around them. Anywhere except at each other. Izami's body involuntarily tensed up with the tension rising, as if expecting a fight to break out.

"Think you can carry that on your own?" Kakashi finally said after five minutes of awkward silence. Izami held on to the straps of her bag, and nodded.

"Yeah. I'll be ok." Kakashi nodded slightly, glancing back at Sasuke who had yet to say anything, and then looking back at Izami.

"We should be on our way then. No use wasting what daylight we have."

"Right." Izami's eyes traveled over to Sasuke, who was looking at a point behind her. Izami sighed heavily, shaking her head. This was going to be one long journey if nobody spoke to anyone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was going to be about three days before they reached a town with any sort of Inn, so, the trio had to sleep outside with nature. Izami claimed that she was fine with the sleeping bag she had brought, so Kakashi didn't see the point in offering her anything else for comfort. Sasuke, who had yet to even say even one word to her, handed her his own, small, throw blanket he used to add warmth to his feet. Izami raised an eyebrow, but did say anything as she merely used as much as she could to put more distance between the hard ground, and her lower back. She didn't know how much of a relief that would be until the night she refused it and woke up the next day with a horrid back again. Needless to say, she didn't refuse it again.