Fight for Life

Chapter Seventy-Five:

"Sakura, do something." Sasuke growled out, looking down at Izami's body. Kabuto was tied to a tree. Sakura had sub-dude him with a powerful sleeping potion. Naruto was healed mostly, but Sakura didn't worry too much about him. The nine-tailed fox could take care of his wounds. Izami was the one who was on her death bed.

"I'm trying, Sasuke-kun. I'm trying. It's not easy."

"You're just not trying hard enough."

"Sasuke-teme, calm down. Sakura-chan's just-"

"You wouldn't be saying that if this was Sakura, would you?" Naruto flinched slightly, and looked away from Sasuke's glare. He said nothing as he just looked at Izami's still body. At least the bleeding had stopped, but she had yet to open her eyes, or make any indication that she was even moving.

"This isn't any good. We have to take her home." Sakura looked up at Sasuke." If she isn't somewhere where she can help, she's going to die."

"The closest hospital is a week away. In Kohona."

"We'll have to hurry, and get her there then." Sakura said, looking back at Izami.

"Stop talking, and let's go." Sasuke tried as delicately as he could to pick up Izami, and cradled her limp body to him. He looked at her, a painful feeling going off in his chest. He quickly looked up as Naruto grabbed Kabuto, and slung him across his shoulders." Let's go." Sasuke turned on his heels, and quickly began to walk away.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Time didn't seem to exist wherever Izami was. Was it minutes? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? She couldn't be sure, and she wasn't sure she cared. The space was comfortable. It was warm. Sometimes, Izami would see images. People. Events. Places. But she never knew what they meant.

Occasionally, people would talk to her. Begging her to wake up. To come back. But why would she? This place was so comfortable. It was nice. If she went back, she'd be going to somewhere with uncertain conditions. To pain. She didn't want anymore pain. She wanted to be happy. She was happy here.

But, then again, there were things she was missing. She knew that much. Something was tugging at her. Something was making her want to go back. But what was it? She couldn't be sure. She couldn't be sure of anything other than how comfortable, and happy she was here in this space.

"Izami, please, please wake up. When do you know me to beg for anything, hunh? When? But I need you to please wake up. Please, live. Find something to live for. If not me, then think of Hitomu. He needs his mother. It sucks not having a mother. Trust me. I don't think I can lose you again, and I don't want to lose anyone close to me again. So, you can't go before me. Please, open your eyes. Say something." That voice, that commanding voice, bugged at her, but she could hear the sadness in the voice. Who was this person? He was important, she knew that, but who was he?"Please..." He begged again, but then she heard something strange. Sniffling. Was he crying? That didn't seem right. This person never cried. Izami didn't know how she knew that, but somehow she knew.

"Don't cry. I'm ok." She said, but knowing her voice didn't reach to him. She felt pressure on her body, but she wasn't sure what was going on. "I'm happy. I'll be ok." She said again, but again she knew it didn't reach to whoever was talking to her." I'm ok." She whispered again, smiling to herself as the little boy came back with a lily flower.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Time moved too slowly for Sasuke. It took a week, with how fast they were moving, to reach back to Kohona. Once they were there, there was a panic of sorts. First, to get Kabuto to the T and I department, but also to get Izami to the hospital. She had yet to wake up, but she was showing signs of life. Weak, but they were there.