Surprise! We set out!

Chapter Nineteen: Surprise! We set out!

"Loving you as my friend is one of the best parts of my life's story. Because, one day, you will know that friends is much better than broken relationship." ― Shim Steward

The next few days, Izami spent her time reviewing over everything, memorizing it all, and preparing anything she might need for the mission. The day of the mission, she rose earlier than she had been lately. She woke up before the sun had a chance to peak above the horizon, took a shower, and put on her shinobi clothes, which consisted of a dark blue shirt, and black baggy shorts. She tied her forehead protector around her forehead where it usually was, and tied her long hair into a ponytail before eating a small breakfast. Once she had eaten her breakfast, she headed out to meet her team.

The sun barely was peeking over the horizon when Izami started walking towards the Western Gate. That gate held the least amount of guards, but held more of the sensors around that area. She stopped right before the gate, and leaned against the newly rebuilt bridge that was there. She leaned against the bridge, yawning slightly, and then adjusted her dark blue shirt. She played with the fan necklace, and adjusted her hitate.

After another thirty minutes of waiting, she turned around, and looked down at the creek that was running smoothly, quietly, and peacefully. Without thinking, she raised her left hand, moving her wrist up, then down, left, and right, trying to amuse herself by manipulating the water to move with each movement of her thin hands, which worked. The water moved slightly up wards with the flick of her hands up, and down when her wrist flicked down. A thin trail of water followed her hand as it moved right, and then left. However, she couldn't keep this up much longer. She was already beginning to feel tired, more so than she had before. She yawned, and rubbed at her green eyes. She flicked her hands down, and watched as the water flowed back at its normal pace.

"Well, what do you know. You're actually early for once." Izami glanced over at the first person who had called out to her, Sakura.

"I'm usually early. Just not this early. Where's the Hokage? I figured she'd see us off." Izami pushed herself off the railing of the bridge slightly, and stood with her hands on her titled hips as she looked at Sakura.

"She has other things to do. Besides,there's no official protocol that calls for anyone to see us off. Lady Tsuande trusts us."

"Well, obviously she does." Izami said narrowed her eyes slightly at the other before relaxing her face. Izami glanced at her." So who else are our teammates?"

"Kiba-san, Sasuke-kun, Lee-kun, and Hinata-chan." Izami nodded slightly before the names sunk into her. She glanced at Sakura in surprise.

"They're allowing Sasuke on a mission like this?" Sakura glanced at her, but before she had time to react to what Izami had asked, both Kiba and Lee arrived, each loudly proclaiming their arrival. Sasuke and Hinata were quietly walking behind them.

"So, you are coming too Izami-san?" Lee asked after a period of awkward silence. Izmai nodded, and fixed her ponytail before standing up straighter.

"We've been delaying long enough. We should head on out." Sasuke suggested, looking at the gate with eyes slightly narrowed.

"Heh, just what I was about to say." Kiba countered with what seemed like a sneer. Izami sighed slightly, and then looked at Sasuke, who stared at her silently. Izami felt heat rise to her cheeks, and she quickly looked away.

"Well, let's get going guys, like Sasuke-kun said." Sakura announced after a few seconds. After nodding in unison, they all began to move out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The fire crackled, snapped, and popped, the flames were dancing, casting shadows on the ground, and on the sleeping bodies. Izami rolled over in her light blue sleeping bag, and looked at the flames. Her green eyes focused in on the flames, and then looked at the sleeping bodies of her companions.

Sakura was curled up nearest the fire in her light red, almost pink, sleeping bad. Her pink hair already had signs of bed hair, and it was only three hours they had settled, and went to sleep. Kiba was leaning against a curled Akamaru, using nothing but the dogs body heat to keep him warm. Lee had a thin dark green blanket thrown over his legs. He was nearer to Sakura.

Then, furthest from both the fire and them was Sasuke. He was sleeping in a dark blue sleeping bag that was red inside. He had his arms behind his head, which were resting on a bunched up white blanket. His grasscuter blade was tucked beneath his left arm. His head was prompted up, but resting against his collar bone. His face, for once, was completely relaxed. He looked so much younger than he did with his usual scowl, or emotionless look. He looked sort of peaceful. Childish, even. Izami felt heat pool in her stomach and face, and she forced herself to look away.