Sasuke Visits!

Chapter Twenty -Seven:

The next day, the first thing Izami made sure to do was call Kakashi, and see if he could possibly see her for a short lunch together. It had been far too long since they last spoke. Or at least it felt that way to her. Kakashi had agreed to a short lunch, but only because he had to leave for a mission. Some part of her was slightly relieved. She had a lot to tell him, but she wasn't sure how much she should tell him. She had decided on only telling him what the most important things were. After all, she was no longer a child that relied on him. She was grown, and didn't need to tell him every little detail about her life.

So, there they sat. In Ichiraku Ramen Shop, eating a bowl of miso ramen, and chatting. Kakashi had told her about his date he had a few nights ago. Izami told him about reconnecting with Wabisuke, and her night out with Sasuke. She left out the part about them fighting, or the fact she's going over to his place that night. Their time together only last about thirty minutes before they split off, which left the entire day to Izami. She wanted to see Wabisuke again, but decided against it, figuring he was busy enough without her bugging him all the time. So, she headed back home.

It was around one in the afternoon when Sasuke showed up at Izami's home. She was busy mopping the floor when he knocked on the door. Sighing, she put the scrub brush back down in the bucket, and stood up. She dusted her old shorts off, the ones she kept strictly for cleaning since she had accidentally bleached those two years ago, and her over-sized, white shirt that she couldn't remember where she had gotten it from to rid herself of any grime. She fixed herself the best she could, and quickly opened the door.

"Oh Kami, it's you." Izami sighed, blushing slightly from embarrassment. Izami had been so concentrated with her cleaning, she hadn't sensed Sasuke coming at all. So it took her by surprise, although she had no idea why. Sasuke merely smirked at her, his eyes taking in her appearance, and then looked back at her face with an amused smile.

"What were you cleaning?" He asked with amusement still in his voice. His dark eyes jumped from inside her house to Izami's face. She paused for a moment, and then rolled her eyes, and stepped back slightly.

"Are you coming in?" She looked back at him, a slightly annoyed look on her face. She had a feeling that she wouldn't be able to continue cleaning with him around. She really hated stopping something when she was already in the middle of doing it. Sasuke looked at her a moment longer, and then walked inside. Izami followed after him, closing the door behind her. Sasuke's nose immediately wrinkled with the smell of cleaning products all over the house. "Don't complain." Izami warned, stepping beside him. After a moment, she walked back into the kitchen. Sasuke looked at her, following her. He stopped at the entry way into the kitchen, leaning against the entry way as she began to put up her cleaning stuff.

"You don't have to stop just because I'm here." He said with no particular emotion as he watched her move about.

"It's rude to do this stuff with guests." She gave him a pointed look, holding. Sasuke made a face, and shrugged slightly.

"If that's how you feel." Again, his voice held no particular feeling, but he continued to watch Izami. Izami rolled her eyes as she stood back up, dusting herself off again. She turned, and looked over at Sasuke.

"Well, what did you want?" Now that her dirty house was out of her mind temporarily, Izami's tone was much more polite, and friendly. Sasuke was taken off guard by her sudden mood change, but said nothing to comment on it, and moved on.

"I just wanted to see what you were doing. Is that so wrong?" This time, he gave her a pointed look, which worked much better than her own look. She found herself annoyed by that fact for a moment. However, she shook it off quickly. Izami eyed him for a second, and then shrugged.