Of Fights and Mysteries

Chapter Fifty-Seven:

Early the next morning, Izami sent off Sasuke's letter, and then spent some time wondering around Kumo before heading back to her family compound. She spent an hour talking to Kazuma and Tonobu before reluctantly returning to her brothers home, where she was immediately greeted by an anxious Noriko.

"What's wrong?" Izami asked, eyebrows knitted closely together as she looked around the room.

"Hikaru-san and Tachi are going at it. It was something about messing around in business that Tachi shouldn't have been messing in." Noriko answered fast, sounding out of breath. Izami looked back at Noriko, confused, "Tachi approved of some business deals Akihiro-san suggested without running it by Hikaru-san first. That's what started it, and now they're just fighting about everything. I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore!"

"Good graces." Izami sighed under her breath, face palming, and shaking her head.

"Sasuke-san called for you as well." Izami perked slightly, glancing at Noriko, hoping she'd hear some good news." He said that he wants to talk to you. Hikaru-san doesn't want you talking to him." Izami huffed, and put her hands on her hips as she looked at Noriko in annoyance.

"Hikaru just has to get over the fact that Sasuke is not going anywhere. He's the father of my child, and we...Well, that's just it. Hikaru just has to get used to having Sasuke in my life."

"That's what Tachi said. That started another fight too. I mean, I know those two hate each other, but I didn't think it was this bad." Izami used every ounce of strength she had not to roll her eyes at the other woman. What she needed now was just a small break.

"Excuse me, I have to call Sasuke." Really it was the only thing Izami could think to do to escape the suddenly, seemingly chocking atmosphere in the room. Izami attempted to move past Noriko, but the other gripped her arm with surprising strength.

"I'm sorry but at this moment I don't think that talking to him is going to help matters."

"I really don't care. Let go." Izami tried to force Noriko to let go of her wrists, but Noriko just held on tighter, a scowl on her face.

"No. I'm not dealing with anymore stress...Nor am I going to let you deal with any."

"I just said I don't care. Let go." Izami pulled her arm in an attempt to get Noriko to let go, but once again it didn't work. Sighing heavily, the Sato woman just stared hard at Noriko. It wasn't quiet a glare, but it was hard enough to show her displeasure.

"No. You may not care, but I do." Noriko's tone and expression hardened. Izami was about to retort when Tachi yelled out.

" DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A FACE THAT CARES?!" Izami tensed up immediately, ad looked at Noriko at what could be read as surprise. Noriko gave a 'I told you so' look, and then dropped her hands from Izami's wrist. She then gave Izami a look that dared her to try and call Sasuke then. Izami, however, didn't do what she had previously wanted to do. Her body froze, muscles tensed as her ears strained to hear every little detail that she could pick up.

" YOU SHOULD CARE!"

"WELL GUESS WHAT?! I REALLY DON'T!"

"YOU'RE A FOOL!"

"STOP TRYING TO BE FATHER! YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO BE FATHER! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ACTUALLY RELATED!"

"THE FEELING'S ARE MUTUAL!"

"I'M SO DONE HERE!" Both Noriko and Izami jumped when the door to Hikaru's office pulled open, and then slammed shut. While Noriko remained grounded, like she had seen this a thousand times, Izami took a fearful step backwards, as if she'd never seen this before.