Shocking Surprise

Chapter Thirty-Three:

A/n: I'm so sorry for the wait in between updates! Please forgive me! But I hope you all enjoy it regardless!!

The next day, as expected, was very, very, very slow, and tiring. Hikaru kept making sly comments about her, Wabisuke would defend her if it was too bad, Sasuke stayed protectively close to Izami, Sakura sulked, and Izami just felt...Supremely uncomfortable for the lack of a better word to describe how she was feeling. She just wanted to crawl under a rock, and stay under there.

The second day, Hikaru walked ahead of the group when they left early. Izami tailed behind him with Sasuke at her side. Sakura tailed behind them, silent as ever, with Wabisuke right beside her. Wabisuke had begun to be as silent as Sakura, thought Sakura's mood seemed to have lightened.

"We should stop in Suna for at least a day. To rest, and get more supplies. It will be another week before we hit the Hidden Silk Village." Izami suggested as they rested for the night.

"That's exactly what I was going to say." Hikaru said, casting a look to his sister. Izami rolled her eyes, and brought her knees closer to her chest as a shiver went through her body. Sasuke, who was closest to her, draped a small blanket over her shoulders. Izami smiled smally at him, and wrapped the blanket closer around her shoulders. Wabisuke made a noise in the back of his throat, and then began setting out his own bag. Hikaru and Sakura had already set out their sleeping bags.

"Why do you have to be such a jerk all the time? Have you ever thought of being nice to me?"

"Yeah. For one moment."

"Che, what happened?" Sasuke snipped, his arm going around Izami's shoulder. Hikaru's eyes narrowed at the bold action.

"I don't need lip from a traitor." Sasuke's eyes narrowed at Hikaru. The two had a glaring contest before Izami spoke up.

"Will you guys stop acting like a bunch of five year olds? Seriously, grow up."

"You're getting mad at me for defending you?" Sasuke gave a shocked expression for a second before scowling. Izami rolled her eyes.

"You're not helping, and I don't need you to fight my battles. It's always been like this between us."

"Do you even know how embarrassing it is for someone like Father to father a non-bender? It's disgraceful."

"She can bend you know. She may not be as talented as you claim you are, but she can bend." Wabisuke spoke up, causing Sasuke to glare at him. Hikaru rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." Izami sighed, and glared at him. Hikaru slid down on the ground, getting into his regular sleeping position, and then fell asleep.

Izami waited ten minutes before speaking. When she did, she cast a look towards Wabisuke.

"Like I told Sasuke, I don't need you to fight my battle Wabisuke-kun."

"You're brother's a dick anyway you get around the word, Izami-chan. He doesn't have to be that way towards you. Espically when you have comrades beside you to defend you."

"That's just the thing. I don't need you, Sasuke, or anyone to handle what I know I can handle on my own."

"Che, whatever. Don't come running to me crying when you can't handle him."

"She won't because she'll come to me." Sasuke's tone was dripping with "this is mine, back off" kind of voice. Wabisuke glared.

"She's allowed to have people to care about her outside of you. You weren't her friend first. You didn't even like her."