The Leaf and the Cloud

Chapter Fifty-Three:

"Hey, Sasuke-san!" Sasuke paused in his walking down the streets of Kohona, only slightly surprised to hear the voice call out to him, if only because the owner of the voice and him weren't exactly on the best of terms."Hey, Sasuke-san, can we talk for a moment?" Wabisuke asked with a bright smile the moment he finally caught up to Sasuke. The Uchiha immediately got suspicious of the other, but tried not to let it show.

"What? Was Kiba too busy for you to bother him?" Sasuke questioned with no particular emotion as his eyes closed momentarily, as if rolling them, then opening them again, staring forward with a blank expression.

"Well...I kinda wanted to talk to you...If that was ok?" Wabisuke's tone was pensive, like he wasn't sure if this action was ok. Sasuke just looked at him with suspicion.

"Why?" His tone, although flat, seemed to say everything he was feeling, and he didn't rightfully care.

"Just because." Wabisuke's tone had returned back to his normal, laid-back, care-free self despite the obvious hostility radiating off of Sasuke. Wabisuke glanced at Sasuke, still hanging on to his devil may care smile." Have you heard from Izami-chan yet? She should be arriving-"

"Why don't you tell me why you actually wanted to talk to me? I'm not in the mood to play games." Sasuke, as he spoke, stepped in front of Wabisuke, stopping the other dead in his tracks. He glowered down at the other, arms crossed as he spoke. Wabisuke could sense Sasuke wanting to whip out his Sharingon to show just how serious he was, but held back from doing just that for whatever reason. Wabisuke was only slightly unnerved, and tried not to let it show.

"I know about Izami-chan's...Situation." Wabisuke had suddenly turned stern, his eyes darting around as he whispered to make to sure nobody had overheard what he had said. Sasuke stiffened for a moment before his glare returned, only this time intensified.

"How? How did you know?" Sasuke's tone was laced with a mixture of acidic anger, hostility, and a slight hint of protectiveness. Wabisuke looked at Sasuke, despite his quicking heart beat, as if he were a moron. A look that only seemed to heighten the Uchiha's anger and annoyance.

"She told me." He answered simply. Sasuke nodded stiffly. Wabisuke sighed, and shook his head." You...You really shouldn't've let her go to the Cloud." Wabisuke's tone softened, almost like a child that was scared. Sasuke was not so easily emotionally swayed.

"She would have gone with or without my permission. Do you honestly think I was happy about her decision?" Sasuke tone hadn't lost any of it's anger or annoyance.

"You could have done more to stop her." Wabisuke's tone was slowly raising to a yell as anger and other emotions quickly seeped into the conversation.

"I have no more control over her actions than you do." Wabisuke paused, and then sighed with a nod.

"Ok. Ok. Fair enough, Uchiha-san. But still."

"But still, what?" Although Sasuke's tone and posture had relaxed slightly, and there wasn't so much anger and hostility between the two, he still held onto his protective tone. Wabisuke knew he had to tread very lightly.

"Have you even prepared at all for the Little Sunspot's arrival?" Sasuke rolled his eyes, and began walking again. The two were already attracting enough of a crowd. Wabisuke followed, and kept with Sasuke's fast pace.

"Don't be stupid." Sasuke said softly after a moment. Wabisuke huffed. It was his turn to be protective, even though he knew he really had no right to feel this way at that point.