Izami's Isolation! Kakashi visits!

A/n: I'd like to thank everyone who gave this story the time of day :3 It really made my heart warm up. Thanks so much everyone! Anyways, so sorry it took awhile to update, but here's the newest parts!!

Chapter Fourteen: Izami's Isolation! Kakashi-sama visits

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds."- Laurell K. Hamilton

Izami didn't leave her apartment at all for a few days. She wasn't sure what it was, but she was utterly exhausted. She used those days to catch up on sleep. For once, nobody bothered her. That was a great comfort to her. That meant it left her alone to her thoughts. It was four days after her own self-induced, solitary confinement that someone finally came to check up on her.

It was a bright, sunny day. It wasn't sweltering hot, like in a normal summer afternoon where the humidity would make temperatures rise into the ninety's, but it was a surprisingly eight five degrees out side. Izami had her curtains partially closed so that she could keep some of the offending light out while keeping the house bright enough that she didn't need to light any lights. She wore her shorts, and a tang-top that showed part of her stomach. Her brown hair was up in a ponytail, and she mostly relaxed on the couch, watching television without taking in what was going on. It was almost therapeutic for her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She was half way through watching a movie that she long since gave up trying to follow the plot when a knock at her door snapped her out of her seemingly comatose state. Sighing, she rose to her aching feet to answer the door.

"Hey, are you ok? I haven't heard from you in a couple days. Figure I'd come in, and check on you." Izami smiled smally, and moved aside to let Kakashi inside her home.

"I'm fine. I've just wanted to be alone for awhile. I was thinking about calling you up later. See if you were up for lunch or dinner tomorrow, but you're here. No sense in calling you when I can just ask you now." Her tone was monotone, no real reflection, and she ended her words with a careless shrug. Kakashi glanced at her, and then around the house.

The normally well kept house had some things scattered on the floor. A few boxes that might have held some nick-knacks, a few clothes here and there. It looked like it hadn't been kept in the few days. It was very, very unlike the Izami Sato that he knew, and raised. She always had a thing for keeping things neat, and orderly. Kakashi looked back at her as she sat back on the couch. Even her appearance, which she took some pride in, was disheveled looking. Everything about her, and her environment, just screamed at him that his assumption was right. Something was really off with Izami. However, he tried acting like nothing was really bothering him about her.

"Is that you asking me if I want to go to dinner or lunch tomorrow? What's wrong with today?" He kept his tone friendly, and kept his worry out of it.

"Today, I just want to be alone." She glanced at him, hoping she hadn't put him off, or offended him." I mean, I just don't want to leave my house yet." She quickly said in an almost apologetic manner. She went back to watching the tv. Kakashi sighed, worried again. He groaned slightly, sitting next to her on the couch.

"I see...How are you dealing with...Everything?" He chose his words carefully. He had witnessed on more than one occasion that when she was in these moods the slightest of words could set her off in a waterworks of tears, or a yelling tirade. He didn't want any of those to happen, but he just had to get to the bottom of what was going on with her. It was starting to worry him.

"Fine." She answered almost too automatically. Kakashi looked at her, and then away at the television." I guess it's just a lot to deal with at once." Kakashi glanced at her, surprised that she had said anything at all. But it still comforted him knowing she still felt like she could talk to him."I guess now that I've had time to digest what Lady Tsuande had told me, I'm actually kinda grateful that you asked her to give me this time to cool off, and get myself together. So, I should thank you." She glanced at him, and gave him a small smile.

"Oh, well.. You're welcome, I guess." Izami nodded, and then glanced at the television.

"You know what's funny, Kakashi-sama? I've been watching this for almost an hour and a half, and I still have no idea what's going on?" They both shared a small laugh before descending into awkward silence.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kakashi sat around for another couple of hours, not really talking, but more or less enjoying her company. Izami found herself enjoying the company more than she had expected. It was nice to get her mind off of reminiscing, and feeling down on herself. It felt nice to share a laugh, or a smile, no matter how faked it felt.

After what seemed too short of a period, Kakashi stood up, and glanced at her.

"Are you sure you don't want to go out tonight? You look like you could use some air." Izami glanced at him, unsure of how to take the words he had just said. She looked down at what she was wearing, and then over around her house, and back at him as if trying to decide what she needed to take care of first. Izami looked over at the pile of clothes in the hallway she didn't remember placing there, and sighed with a shake of head.

"Maybe Lunch tomorrow. I have to clean up, and shower, and get dressed. I have a whole process to get through, and by the time I'm done it won't be worth it." Though it pained her to have to turn her adopted father down on the offer, she knew what she had to do, and being out in public is not what she needed in her state of mind.

"Well...If you say so. Tomorrow then. Noon sharp." Izami nods, looking back at him with a small smile.

"Ok." Kakashi looked at her a moment longer before turning on his heel, and walking off.