An Old friend returns! Jealousy awakens!

Chapter Twenty-Two: An Old Friend Returns! Jealosuy awakens!

"And yes, I'll admit, I am jealous. I'm jealous of every minute you spend with him, of every concerned expression you send his way, of every tear shed, of every glance, every touch, and every thought. I want to rip him to pieces and purge him from your mind and from your heart. But I can't."― Colleen Houck

Izami woke up that afternoon with a soft knock to her window that startled her awake. She jumped up out of her bed, and looked wildly around, her green eyes wide with alarm. Izami relaxed when she heard a deep, hearty, familiar laugh.

"I didn't think that the great Izami Sato- san was so jumpy. It's kinda a disappointment really." Replied a light hearted voice, which also chuckled. Izami threw a rather annoyed look towards the familiar looking man with shoulder length brown hair, and grey eyes.

"Really, Wabisuke-kun, really? How long have you been standing there?" She asked, still a bit annoyed, as she opened her window.

The nineteen year old man easily slid in with an easy-going smile. His eyes looked around the room for a moment before his eyes settled on her.

"Not long. Are you busy?" He leaned up against her desk, knocking some papers down in the process. Izami sighed in annoyance. She bent down, and picked up the papers, putting them back in their place."Oh, sorry." Wabisuke moved slightly so he didn't knock any more papers down.

"Geez. Can you be careful? And no, I'm not busy. I just got back from a mission, and Tsuande-sama wants us to be resting. What do you want?" Izami's annoyance showed through in her brusque tone.

"Ah, I see." Wabisuke looked away uncomfortably for a moment, and then looked back at her with a small smile."I just thought that it's been a really long time since we've done anything together, and with the death of our former teammate...I dunno I just thought that maybe we could go somewhere, and get caught up, ya know?"

Izami looked at him, her eyes searching his face for a moment. She lowered her eyes to her intertwined hands, a small smile, and a light blush forming on her pale cheeks. She looked back up with a half smile.

"Well, it's not very polite to cancel, but it's not like he hasn't done so with me before. Besides, Kakashi-sama is probably way busy. I guess we can go out somewhere simple, get caught up, and whatever." The other grinned widely.

"Awesome! I'll...Uh, just step outside so you can get ready, or whatever." Izami nodded as Wabisuke stepped outside her room, casting one last glance at her with a soft smile."I'll just be in your living room." Izami chuckled, and nodded.

"Yeah. See you out there in a few minutes." He nodded, closing the door softly behind him.

Izami waited until she couldn't hear him walking anymore before she finally began getting ready. When she couldn't hear him walking anymore, she took a deep breath, trying to slow her fast beating heart. She looked around her small, slightly messy room, and began to clean it up slightly. She wasn't sure what she was trying to do. Was she trying to stall? Wade her time out before she knew she had to go out there? But why? Why did she feel that way? She couldn't be positive about the answer.

Eventually, she knew she couldn't stall any longer when she found there was nothing else to clean up, or straighten out, or anything else to do but to get ready. She chose the first shirt she found, a simple white one, and she threw over a black jacket. She took off her ninja pants, and put on some shorts. She kept on her ninja shoes, and quickly brushed through her brown hair, tying it up quickly in a ponytail. She then went out.