Sasuke finds out the news

Chapter Forty-Nine:

It was sometime later, almost dinner time, that Sasuke came to check on Izami, since he hadn't seen her at all that day, and because Sakura was ever so insistent that he go, and check on Izami.

Izami, however, was just laying on her own couch, eating at a bowl of cereal while she watched one of her favorite daytime drama shows. She really didn't feel like going to see anyone, or really moving from her spot on her couch, so she really hadn't any contact with anyone since going back to her house earlier in the day. To say the least, when she felt the ever so familiar presence, and the all too familiar, impatient knock on her door, it came as a slight surprise. Only slight. With an annoyed groan, Izami sat her bowl down with an angry bang on the table, and stood to answer the door.

"Sasuke, what are you doing here?" Izami asked through a sigh when she opened the door. She quickly stepped aside as he made it apparent that he was coming inside regardless of what she had to say." Are you mad or something? Your charka...Well, it's awfully agitated." Sasuke shrugged slightly, and plopped himself down on her couch." You could be more careful. Seriously, if you break it you're buying me another one."

"Sakura told me to come, and check on you." Sasuke's eyes flickered to Izami. His eyes were intensely focused on her. Like he knew Izami was hiding something, and was just waiting for her to say something. Knowing him, he probably thought just that very thing."I thought you said everything was just fine. Is your flu gone?"

"..Something like that. She didn't give you a reason on why you should check on me?"

"No. She was just annoyingly insistent as ever that I come, and check on you. She wouldn't tell me why."Sasuke's eyes looked away. Izami relaxed slightly when she felt Sasuke relax.

"Everything's just fine. Really. Just trust me on this ok?" Sasuke looked over at Izami, and nodded slightly as she walked over, and sat beside him with a sigh. She leaned her head against his shoulder, and looked at the television with her lips slightly pursed.

"You ok?" Sasuke asked, looking down at her. Izami glanced up at him, and nodded.

"I told you. I'm fine. Stop asking." Izami looked back at the television, trying to refocus her attention.

"I just can't shake the feeling that you're hiding something. Obviously Sakura knows."

"Nothing. Would you let it go?"Sasuke sighed. He looked at the television with pursed lips for a moment before relaxing his expression.

"You still like this stupid show?" Sasuke teased lightly. Izami gave him a slight glare, and then looked back at the tv.

"If you don't like it, you can leave."

"You...You're just going to stay here?"

"I haven't had time for myself lately. I just want to have a lazy day, and a day to myself all in one, ya know?" Sasuke nodded slightly, and then glanced back at the tv.

"Have you heard from your brothers at all? Hikaru did say he was writing you about something he had asked..." Izami paused, a weight dropped in her stomach that she hadn't felt before. She hadn't thought about that...Request in a really long glanced back at her after a moment when there was a lack of a response from her." Was the request really that bad?"

"He...Just asked me to come back to the family. To my family."

"And...What stopped you from agreeing?"

"I thought of everything I had here. I couldn't...Really decide until i talked to Kakashi-sama. He thinks I should go before the ANBU Exams happen, and just go there for a test run. If I like it there...Then stay. If not...Well, the answer would be obvious, and I'd return." Sasuke nodded slightly.