Depature

Chapter Sixty-One:

"So Sasuke-san and Kakashi-sama will be meeting us half way. Hikaru is making arrangements right now for a temp Head while we head out." Izami nodded slightly as she partially listened to what Tachi was telling her. Tachi's blue eyes watched his sister as she was packing her stuff up." Are you sure you don't want any help there? I wouldn't mind doing something instead of just sitting here. Doing nothing." Izami looked back at her brother, and smiled reassuringly.

"No. I'll be ok."

"You sure?"

"Mmhmm." Izami nodded, and went back to doing her packing. Tachi sighed, and nodded." Where's Noriko-chan?"

"She took Natsumi to the doctor. Figured I'd come over, and see if you need help with anything." Tachi moved further into the room, and sat down on Izami's bed. His hands briefly ghosted over the mixed colored comforter, before resting back at his sides. His light colored eyes looked over at Izami as she rested the last bag on top of the other.

"You should really stay. Natsumi-chan isn't really that old. She should bond a little with her awesome father." Izami looked back at her brother with a smile. Tachi smiled a bit uneasily, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

"I already discussed this with Noriko. She understands." Izami frowned for a second, sighed, and then shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"So when is Hikaru getting here?"

"If things go to plan, another ten minutes. You hungry? Now would be the time to grab a short snack or something." Izami shook her head.

"I ate earlier. Cree made me breakfast." Tachi nodded. He glanced away, rubbing the back of his neck slightly." Is everything ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Tachi answered slowly, but still not meeting his sister's gaze.

"Something's on your mind. What is it?" Tachi sighed, and glanced at his sister with an almost apprehensive look.

"You know, Hikaru was right last night. We could have very well have protected you, but I understand, at least, Sasuke's reasoning for wanting you there. I just...I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but you should be careful. I have this bad feeling. That's all." Izami stared at her brother silently for a few seconds, and then looked away with a sigh.

"I'll be fine." She whispered, and then looked back at her brother." Honestly, there's no need for you to worry. I'll be ok." Tachi nodded slightly, and then sighed again, standing up.

"There you two are! C'mon, we need to get a move on it. Kazuma-san will be taking my stead for this week while I'm gone, but we need to get a move on now. Cree, you should help my sister with her things."

"Right." Izami glanced back at Cree as she helped pick up Izami's traveling bag, and hooked it onto her body. Izami gazed at Cree a moment longer, and then sighed as she looked at Hikaru. Hikaru stared at his sister a moment longer, and then turned on his heel, and walked away. Izami sighed, and followed after her brother. Tachi and Cree were the last to leave the room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"...And so you see, Lady Tsuande, I can longer be able to carry out my duties as a shinobi of The Hidden Leaf Village." Tsuande sighed heavily, closing her eyes, and shaking her head.

"Wabisuke-san, it pains me to let a fine shinobi like yourself to go." Tsuande opened her eyes, and carefully regarded her subordinate." Are you sure you must resign completely?" Wabisuke nodded, clutching his hitate-ate just a bit tighter.