Stay the night with me

Chapter Forty-Two:

Izami sighed as she sat on her bed. Her hands gently touched the soft material of the blanket she had been sleeping on. She couldn't explain the sudden sadness she felt, but it was there.

"Hey, Izami, are you ok?" Izami looked up as Sakura poked her head in the door." We're getting ready to leave."

"I'm not very hungry."

"Hikaru-san's going to make you go. You know that, right?" Izami shrugged, a sinking feeling hit the pit of her stomach, and she looked away. Sakura sighed, and walked into the room, closing the door behind her." Hey, what's wrong?" Izami looked up as Sakura sat on the bed beside her, and gently touched her arm.

"You know that feeling you get when you have a nice long vacation, and at the end, you suddenly realize that you have to go back to work the next day? The feeling that you kinda really don't want to go back to work, but you know that you have to because well...You have to?"

"...Yes. Why?" Sakura's voice was soft, almost like she knew where this was heading.

"Hikaru had asked me to come back. Come back to the family. A really long time ago, I would have been more than happy, but now-"

"Things changed, right?" Izami paused, and nodded.

"Yeah. I kept telling him no. I have a life, and I love being a ninja. I have a family back in Kohona, and I can't just drop everything, and go back with strangers."

"But?"

"But now...I kept telling my brother no. I didn't want to go back, and I still don't want to go back."

"But?"

"Now that the realization has hit me that I'm leaving tomorrow...I'm getting that last day of vacation feeling. Don't get me wrong. I hate Hikaru. Always have, and always will, but...I don't know..." Sakura was silent for a few moments. Izami looked at Sakura, trying to decipher what the pinkette was thinking, but when she couldn't decipher, Izami looked away with a sigh.

"...Maybe just give it some time. Come back to Kohona with Sasuke-kun and me, and give yourself some time to get used to being there away from your family. If you still feel that way, than talk to Lady Tsuande. I'm sure...I'm sure she'll let you go back." Sakura patted her hand, and stood up." Now, let's go! I'm hungry!" Izami sighed, and stood up.

"Right..." She followed the pink haired kuinochi out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I can't believe you guys have to go back tomorrow. I'll be stuck the whole two months with this guy. We may not have a clan leader anymore by the time we go back."

"We'll be short a brother." Hikaru corrected with a slight smirk. Tachi looked at his brother in an offended manner with his mouth wide open.

"You think you can kill me before I kill you? Don't make me laugh!"

"Nah, I don't think that at all."

"Oh, really?" Tachi's tone dripped with sarcasm. Hikaru nodded as he took another bit of his meal.

"Really. I don't think I can kill you first. I know I can kill you first."

"Whatever." Tachi rolled his eyes, and looked at Izami, who had been silent the whole time, picking at her meal. Tachi pursed his lips, and then sighed. It was not like his sister to act so down so...Obviously."Ya know, I have half a mind to ask the Hokage for an extension."

"I have to get myself prepared for the ANBU Exams. I can't delay myself any further." Izami's tone was that of a pouting child. Again, she hadn't acted that way since she was a small child. Tachi was beginning to worry about her.