The end of Peace

Chapter Sixty-Six:

a/n: I'm so sorry it's been a long time since I updated~! I've been super busy with my new job, and not to mention working on my own original story, Awakenings, which I'm in the process of editing so that I can start the process of self-publishing it. Right now, I'm looking for some beta readers. Anyone interested, just pm me, I'll give you the summary of it, and if you're still interested, I can link ya to it~! Just pm me, and let me know! Anyways, please enjoy the story~! It's almost to the end~!!! Happy readings~!

It was on Hitomu's second birthday that things started to change in their lives. Sasuke, for once, was home during the day. Izami was getting Hitomu ready for the day, while Sasuke was cleaning the house for the few guests that were coming over. The little boy had taken to playing favorites with his parents, and his current favorite was his father. Hitmou was always fussy with Izami, but always calm with Sasuke, even playful. It frustrated Izami to no end.

"Hitomu-kun, stay still. We still have to get your shirt on. You can't just go around shirtless." Izami sighed in exasperation as her son kept moving his body around every time she attempted to dress him. Almost two hours, and she still had to get on his shirt, socks, and brushing through his curly, messy hair.

"Daddy?" He questioned like he was scared, his big, dark colored eyes jumping from Izami to the closed door. Izami sighed heavily, setting the shirt down on her lap slightly.

"Father's busy cleaning. Don't you want to look nice for our guests?"

"Look nice? 'hy?" He questioned, eyeing Izami. She sighed again, almost ready to roll her eyes.

"It's your birthday. It's your party. You need to look nice."

"I hant Daddy."

"Father's busy. Tell you what, you get this shirt on, and I'll have Father brush your hair, ok?"

"No." Izami sighed, closing her eyes as Hitomu started pouting. She held up the shirt, and opened her eyes.

"Yes. Get the shirt on. Now."She gave her son a hard look. He merely just pouted more." Hitomu-kun, the shirt. Get it on."

"Gimme. I put it on." Izami sighed heavily, and handed the shirt to her onry son. He quickly took it from her hands, and quickly put it on. He smiled widely at her his mother." Done? I go see Daddy?" Izami closed her eyes, and sighed heavily." Mommy?" He touched her knee gently, tilting his head slightly with a grin on his face. Izami opened her eyes, and smiled at her son." You ok?" Izami giggled slightly, and ruffled her son's hair.

"I'm fine, Son. C'mon. Let's go see Father."

"Ok!" He jumped up, and quickly rushed to the door. He paused on his tip toes, hands almost on the door knob. He turned his head, and looked back at his mother, head tilted slightly like he was confused." You coming?" Izami smiled slightly, and stood up.

"I'm coming, Son. I'm coming."

"Ok!" Izami quickly walked over, and opened the door for her struggling son. He quickly scowled at her.

"I do it, Momma, I do it." Izami smiled, and shook her head slightly.

"Ok. Next time I'll let you do it."

"Ok. Find Daddy?"

"Let's go in the kitchen. He's probably cleaning that."

"Ok!" Hitomu took his mother's hand, and lead her.

However as soon as they walked into the living room, Sasuke was sitting on the couch, reading.

"You're done?" Izami was genuinely surprised as she looked around, as if she expected him to miss anything. Sasuke glanced up at her, smirking slightly.