Deliverance

Chapter Sixty-Four:

The days turned into weeks, and then, before she really could register the time, a few months had gone by. She was slowly getting used to her new domestic life. Sasuke seemed to hover more than she felt necessary, but she only voiced it when it was becoming unbearable.

"Would you just relax, Sasuke? I'm not helpless. I'm just pregnant." She would playfully tell him, giving him a teasing smile before going back to whatever task it was she was doing.

Sasuke, on his side of things, was rather happy about things but was also worried. He kept tabs with the Hokage about Kabuto's status, and each time he was told that nothing could be found, he worried more. He worried about what could happen to his own family. That concerned him above all else. The last thing he ever wanted was to lose his family a second time. Which was part of the reason he was overly attentive to Izami. He just wanted to make her content, comfortable, and happy.

Although they still had their moments where they fought, like any other couple, they still had more moments of calm, and peace, and general happiness. They knew each other long, and fully enough, to give the other space when they needed it, and when to just hold the other close.

Izami was at the last month of her pregnancy when Sasuke finally came up with a name. It was late at night, Sasuke had his arm wrapped around her waist, holding her to him, as they watched some mindless kid show before heading to bed. Izami's head rested on his chest while his chin rested very lightly on the top of her head.

"I've been thinking." He said suddenly, eyebrows scrunching together slightly. Izami glanced at him as much as she could, waiting for him to continue.

"About what?" She finally asked when he didn't continue.

"About our son." Izami raised an eyebrow, the question already in the air." I know you left the name up to me. I've been avoiding really giving it any serious thought until the baby was here. When...When I got to see it, and when I got to hold it. Mother always said that she never knew the names until she held us for the first time. She used to say that the names just came to her. So I thought I'd try that, but I didn't want just the first thing that came to my mind. I wanted the name to mean something."

"And?" Izami prompted when he stopped again. Sasuke shrugged slightly. A smile came over his face for just a brief second before his face went back to its usual slightly scowling expression.

"Traditionally, parents named their kids either through their number in which they were born into the family or by what traits the parents hoped their child would have. I kinda put thought into it..." His voice trailed off slightly. Izami smiled playfully.

"Yeah. Over thought it.." Izami giggled, and shook her head." So did you come up with a name?"

"Yeah. Hitomu." Izami smiled, looking down at her stomach, and then repeating the word a few times in her mind. It oddly seemed to fit.

"It's perfect..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The day Hitomu came, he came unexpectantly.

Izami was taking some time off from cleaning and was munching on some ice cream, and a cheese sandwich, two things she had been craving beyond relief lately. She was slightly reclined, her feet prompted in the air as she bobbed her head to the music playing on the radio. Sasuke was out at the tool shop, where he seemed to spend most of his days anymore. So she was home alone. For once. Out of nowhere, her stomach cramped up, causing her body to almost fold in two.

"Nggh." Izami grunted, putting her hands over her stomach." Already, Hito-kun? I'm just relaxing. Can't you wait?" Another painful cramp told her no. No, she couldn't wait."Nng. W-what's that stupid...AH! N-number." Izami grimaced slightly as she reached for the little black book Sasuke kept for emergency contact. However, another shock of pain, and some wetness told her she couldn't wait." D-dammit! S-screw it! I...I'm calling Kakashi-sama!" Izami grunted again, her hand tightening over her stomach as if that would stop the pain.

"Hello?"

"K-Kakashi-sama...I...Argh! I...I need you to get here A-ASAP...C-CALL Sasuke-. The...The baby...Arrgh!"

"Whoa! Just, uh, hold on, I'll get Sasuke-san, and we'll take you to the hospital, ok?"

"Mmhmm..." Izami could only manage that reply, and hang up as another wave of pain hit. She squeezed her eyes tightly and attempted to stand, but that only served for more pain, so she was forced to sit back down on the couch, trying to practice the breathing techniques Sakura had her do.

Sasuke and Kakashi arrived not ten minutes later, both looking equally frantic, and out of breath.

"A-are you ok?" Sasuke panted. Izami glared at him.

"C-can s-someone, please...Gah...Please slap him."

"No time to talk. I don't think he's going to wait. Come on." Kakashi seemed oddly calm, which comforted Izami slightly. Someone needed to be calm when the two parents were acting frantic. Kakashi picked up Izami bridal style, and power walked out of the house with Sasuke right beside him.

By the time they reached the hospital, Izami's pain was slightly subsided, much to the relief of the two men. They were directed to their room, where Sasuke and Kakashi were told to wait outside. Sakura came in, having personally asked to deliver the child, and began to help Izami through the labor. She knew exactly what needed to be done. The labor was very painful for Izami, and was very long, or at least it felt that way to her. Sakura, on the other hand, had told her the first would always be the hardest. Izami just couldn't wait for it to be over.

Nine hours, and forty five minutes later, the sharp cry of a newly delivered boy could be heard in the room. Exhausted, but relieved to finally have it all over with, Izami was handed her and Sasuke's child.

Izami's eyes looked down at her son in almost amusement. He was a funny looking baby with how small, and fragile looking he ended up looking. His looks, however, differently was more Sasuke's side. He had curly, black hair with a tint of blue, and coal colored that looked around the room with curiosity. His pale skin had a slight pink hue to it, though Izami just attributed that to him being a new born. Overall, he was perfect. At least to her.

"So, you're the one that's been kicking me." Izami said with a tired sounding laugh.

"He's adorable. He's gonna be a lady killer just like his father." Sakura spoke softly, hands petting the soft, curly black hair. Izami smiled at her son, and caressed his chin slightly. He cooed slightly, dark colored eyes looking at Izami curiously. It was almost as if he were asking who she was." I'll go get Sasuke-kun." Sakura said, the words barely registering with Izami as she continued to play with her son.

It wasn't even a minute later when both Sasuke and Kakashi came into the room. Sasuke, as soon as he saw the blue bundle squirming in his mother's arms, his heart speed up very much, and he walked fast. Izami smiled over at him the moment he crouched beside her, looking at their son.

"He's...So tiny." Sasuke whispered. Izami didn't even have the energy to roll her eyes, and looked back at their son.

"Of course. Did you expect him to come out full grown?" Izami laughed slightly as Hitomu grasped her pinkie finger. Sasuke looked at her, and then at him, his look softening.

"No, but..." His voice trailed off slightly. Izami looked back at him.

"Want to hold him?" She asked with a slightly smile. Sasuke didn't reply, and merely gently took his son into his arms.

The child defiently took more after his family, some part of him felt immense happiness over that. However, there was something else he was feeling that he couldn't exactly name. It was so different when Izami was pregnant. Yes, he knew what was growing there, but it was totally different seeing what the baby was in person. He could feel his chest swell up, and he felt that he could cry. Not that he did. He, instead, held the child closer to him, cheek to cheek.

I swear, I'll never let anything happen to you. You'll know nothing but happiness, and love.He silently vowed as he held his son just a bit closer, as if he would disappear without warning.