Home

Chapter Forty-Four:

The journey back to Kohona seemed to take less time than it did going to Silk, but maybe that was because Izami wasn't constantly irritated by Hikaru. Now, it was just Sakura, Sasuke, and Izami. Sakura had returned to her normal happy self, and was actually talking to Izami much more than she normally did. Izami wasn't sure how to feel about that, but Sasuke found himself oddly happy on that part.

When they returned to the village, they had the customary check in with the Hokage. When they were dismissed, Sakura thought it would be a good idea for them to have some lunch together to celebrate the mission completed well. Sasuke quickly agreed, and Izami agreed because of Sasuke. So, with their luggage returned to their respective homes, they met up again, and went out for some lunch.

That was over in a hurry. Izami found herself happy about that. It's not that Izami didn't enjoy the time out, because she did, but she just wanted to be alone. She hadn't had time to herself since the mission began, and she just wanted to be alone, but it seemed like the world just had other plans.

"Why don't we have some time to celebrate a mission gone...Well, a mission where I'm surprised you didn't try to kill our client." Izami laughed, and shrugged as she looked over at Sasuke.

"We were paid to protect, not kill, our client. Even if he's my brother. Even if he's annoying, I'm sure it's frowned upon to kill clients."

"I'm sure this time it would have been an exception." Izami again laughed, and shook her head.

"Yeah. Ok. We can celebrate just the two of us after I check in with Kakashi-sama. I'm sure he'll want to know how the mission went."

"Naturally. I'll just be at my place whenever you're done. I'll be waiting." Izami blushed, nodding as they both parted their way.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"It really is good to see you again, Izami. How have things been? I mean, I have to admit that I was a bit worried when you said the mission was with your family..." Kakashi's voice trailed off. Izami shrugged, and looked down at her lap. They were both sitting in Yamato's apartment, watching his child while he was off fixing apart of the village.

"I almost killed him a couple of times, but we made it out alright."

"I'm glad to hear that." Silence passed between the two of them for a few minutes, and then Izami cleared her throat, getting Kakashi's attention once again.

"So, anyways, my brother, Hikaru, invited me back into the family." Kakashi stared at Izami for a few moments, trying to read her face, but eventually nodded slowly.

"And your feelings?"

"I...I thought the answer would be a simple no. I mean, you and I both know my issues when it comes to them, but..Well, Tachi came along too, and...I don't know..."

"It started to feel like old times?" Izami paused, and then nodded.

"Yeah. I felt like I was back home. Like nothing had really changed, and...For the first time in a really long time, I felt happy. Well, as happy as I could possibly be when it comes to them, but it just felt so nice."

"So what stopped you from accepting?"

"Alot of things. You. Sasuke. My life as a ninja. Believe it or not, I really enjoy my life as a kuinochi, and I really don't want to have to give it up. I know if I return, that's exactly what I'll have to do. Besides, I would miss life here too much to really be committed to staying."