The waiting game

Chapter Seventy-Six:

"What?! Is my sister going to be ok?!" Kakashi held the phone away from his ear as Hikaru shouted.

"Listen, I can't make any promises. We have the best medic working on her. She can only do so much. Her organs were pierced."

"I knew it! I knew I should have kept her home all those years ago! Even before then, Father knew your stupid village would be the death of my sister. That's why he took her back. He only sent her back because Izami-chan wanted to go back. And look what happened! You guys get her killed!" Kakashi sighed, letting the man vent his rage." Don't you sigh at me! I have a kid on the way, and a wife. My brother has his daughter, and two new kids on the way. Do you honestly think it's going to be so easy for us to travel the month there? What guarantee do I have that my sister will even make it until then!"

"I have no guarantee, but she's your sister. If you travel fast enough, you can get here in a week and a half. Listen-"

"Don't tell me what I already know, Kakashi-san! If I had known my sister was going after that stupid Kabuto-san again, I would have forced her here. Has your Hokage completely lost her freaking mind?!"

"Listen, we didn't expect him to do that. We-"

"D...Did I just hear you right? Excuse me, I think I'll have to clean out my ears. Are you guys that dense that you didn't think he'd not cause a fight?! Oh gee, did you expect it to be like "Hey, Kabuto-kun, come with us! We're taking you to the T and I department!'' and he'd be like "Oh boy! That sounds like fun! Let's go!" And they'd trot back to the village like they're going to see the Wizard of freaking Oz?! Are you guys that dense?!"

"Hey! We never expected it to be easy, ok? We just didn't expect him to kill them."

"Pha! So you admit that my little sister is going to die?! And you didn't think that snake would fucking do that?! C'mon! Of course he would try! Sending Izami-chan to get Kabuto-san is like throwing raw meat in front of a pack of wild wolves! It's asking for disaster, and can only end in tears. Your village is stupider than I ever thought it was. Seriously!" Hikaru groaned.

"Hey, just because you're worried doesn't mean I'm going to let you bad mouth my village. Just come."

"Whatever. Don't tell me what to do. We're due for a visit anyways. When we get there, you better hope my sister is alive, and ok, or I swear, I'll make your entire village pay for her death. You got me?" Kakashi didn't even have time to reply before Hikaru curtly hung up on him. Kakashi sighed, and sat the phone down on the receiver. Sasuke looked up at his sensei.

"I'm guessing it went bad, huh." Kakashi sighed, and shrugged as he sat down on the couch next to Sasuke, who was bouncing Hitomu on his knees.

"Not as bad as it could have been knowing Hikaru-san." Sasuke nodded slightly.

"True."

"Hero comin?" Hitomu questioned hopefully, eyes brightening up." He binging Ankel Tachi, Nasumi-shan, and Natie Oriko-kan?"

"Yes. I think he might bring along his wife too."

"I have nel Natie and Nusin?" Kakashi nodded.

"Apparently you do."

"Yaay!" Sasuke smiled slightly, ruffling his son's hair, and then looked at Kakashi with a thoughtful expression. Kakashi was looking towards the side, his eyes staring at the wall, and a far away look in his eyes. Like he was remembering something, and too lost in it to notice his current surroundings. Sasuke followed his line of site, and saw a picture he could have sworn was never up before.